How can i help her?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

How can i help her?

Postby stinger » Sat May 14, 2005 9:42 am

Hey this is actually quite a sad story so i wont go into too much detail. A friend of mine has just lost a relative who she was really close with. It was also a young relative (5 yrs old). She has been really upset about this and i just dont really know what to do. Me and another girl who is her best friend have been thinking of something but we just dont know what to do. Could someone please help me out.
stinger
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby X_Smiler_X » Sat May 14, 2005 9:49 am

Hi Stinger.

You really need to generally be there for your friend. She is going through an awful time and needs so much love and affection right now.

Try and keep her mind off it, take her out somewhere, amuse her if you can.
This isn't going to go away, ever, but in time she will slowely accept she has to get on in life - she can do it with your help.

K x
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Sat May 14, 2005 10:28 am

as with smiler just being there for her is a good help i bet. knowing she has someone to help her through her greif. taking her out to cheer her up is also good.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Sat May 14, 2005 1:20 pm

Just listening and being there for her will be a great support. She may not feel like saying much at the moment but in time she may need to talk more so make sure that you are there for her.
Dont worry about saying clever things your friend doesn't need that. She just needs to know that she has a lot of support from you all.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby singingsmiler » Sun May 15, 2005 9:42 am

i think one of the major things people struggle with when they experience a loss - is people treating them differently.

I think it's really important that you are just there as friends and do all the usual things friends do. Don't ask her to talk - i'm sure she will when she is ready but be normal around her so that she feels relaxed and at ease.

SS xx
ImageImage
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Sun May 15, 2005 5:16 pm

like all of the above have said, just be there for her, if she wants to talk just let her talk, but don't push her, she'll talk when she's ready. LEt her know that you are there for her, but don't treat her any differantly
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends