no friends for the summer

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

no friends for the summer

Postby popcorn » Tue May 17, 2005 11:12 pm

to tell your younger sister that im not going out 2nite coz no one whats to go is really sad....

i was ment to go to the out to nite with a few friends and my b.f and some of his mates, ive realy been looking forward to this for a few days now. I tx loads of people and for 1 reason or another they "couldnt make it". i thought my b.fs mates would be going so we caould just chat to them all night, well after i spend ages choosing what to wear and getting ready we found out that they werent going either.

Im a student and i have lots of people i no at uni, but we hardy ever go out, i make friends really easily but i havent got any close friends out side my course. I no how Sad this might sound but its really getting me down.

In 2weeks i finish my course for the summer and im going to be so lonely with 3 months off and no1 to hang out with, my b.f works full time so i really will be aall on my own.

How do you make your everday friends your bestmates with out seeming to despreat? please cheer me up. :(
hold me when im here, love me when im gone!
popcorn
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Liquidius » Wed May 18, 2005 8:23 am

I just tend to spend as much time as I can with the people, discussing things they enjoy and then suggesting to do them. I usually find people open up if you do something with just them - you can really get to know people this way without seeing desperate.

You could also try introducing different groups of your friends to eachother, that usually works quite well :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Wed May 18, 2005 12:55 pm

Yeah take the first step and ask these other friends if they want to meet up sometime outside of uni. You wont know unless you ask!
If you are alone this summer then have you considered a summer job? This will help to occupy you and you might meet people of your own age who you find you have a lot in common with. If you are not keen on that idea then how about joining a club or group over the summer break? It might sound daunting but it could be just what you need. You would be surrounded by people who have the same interests as you and so you would already have something to talk about with them.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

feeling more confident now

Postby popcorn » Wed May 18, 2005 7:22 pm

thanks liquiedus and jennaxxx,

both your ideas are gr8, so im gonna get a summer job i think, hope it works. Im also going to ask a few of the people at uni if they want to hang out. im feeling much better.

thanks again guys you're great!!!

:wink:
hold me when im here, love me when im gone!
popcorn
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby JennaXXX » Mon May 23, 2005 9:33 am

Go for it girl! :D
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends