Why has she changed?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Why has she changed?

Postby seksiclaire » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:55 pm

Hi, I just wanted a bit of advice on something. I have been "so-called" best friends with a girl for about 7 years since school and we used to get on great, go out have a laugh and do everything together. Then about 2 years ago she started seeing someone, and, fair enough when you get into a new relationship its all about them and everythings so exciting and you want to spend as much time with them as you can because its a new thing, but this has been going on for 2 years and shes's completely forgotten all of her friends, her whole life is about her boyfriend. she darent go out with any male friends incase her boyfriend has something to say, and she certainly wont come out with girlfriends i dont know why. she has became a selfish, self-centred person who has to be in control. i dont know whats happened to her. I cant stand being around her thats how bad it has gotten because all she talks about is her boyfriend, i think other people feel the same way as me about this but darent say anything to her, i have had countless arguments with her and she blames me if we dont go out anymore saying i never make arrangements and ive tried hundreds of times to get her to come out on a girls night out but the answer is always no. whats happened to her?
seksiclaire
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby JennaXXX » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:11 pm

I totally understand where you are coming from. I have a friend like that. At first I understood because it was her first boyfriend but three years down the line and he always comes before her friends.

I think that you should talk to her and tell her how you feel. If she doesn't listen then I think that you need to have a break away from her. Friendships have to be equal in order to be successful. Dont run around after her she has to make the effort too.Spend time with your other friends and hope that in time she will make more of an effort but if not then take comfort in the fact that she probably wasn't a good friend anyway.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Lorelei » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:39 pm

Perhaps her boyfriend is a little controlling of her, and she fears losing him if she spends time with other friends?

I agree with JennaXXX that you shouldn't keep running after her, but don't forget about her because you might not know the whole story. If she is so frightened of her boyfriend's reaction that she daren't have a night out, he might be quite a manipulative person. Do you know him at all?

Anyhow, you should get on with your life, but let your friend know that you will be there for her if ever she decides that her relationship has got too intense, and she wants to have some fun. xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends