what do I do!?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

what do I do!?

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:06 am

I think I might have a bit of a problem with one of my friends. I think he might like me, and i'm not sure what to do about it. He has been texting me a lot recently, a few times every day, always texts at weekends to see if i'm out, offers me lifts home and things like that, which I took as just friendly, but i'm starting to think, just by the volume of texts i'm getting just recently, its more than that now, and I don't know what to do.
If he does feel like that then I don't want to lead him on, but I don't want to ruin our friendship either, by giving him false hope or not replying to texts or avoiding him if it is perfectly innocent.
There are a few reasons why I think he is just being friendly, one of them being because he knows i'm seeing someone anyway.
What do I do?
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby bkukat » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:22 am

I'd say hes being innocent, maybe hes texting you, and offering you lifts is because he feels like hes losing his friend.

The best thing to do is just to ask him, or try just putting the message subtley accross that hes just a friend, by saying "Your such a good friend, coudn't ask for a better one" or something like that.

Thats my 2 cents anyway!
The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.
bkukat
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby singingsmiler » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:58 am

It could all just be innocent - i think sometimes we get really scared if our male friends show us too much attention - maybe he just really values your friendship and is feeling particularly close to you at the moment.

If he does like you then if he knows that you have a bf then he won't do anything to ruin the friendship i'm sure.

Just be flattered that your such a good friend to him!

SS xx
ImageImage
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:18 pm

Yeah I think it could be innocent, I just get a bit worried when things like this happen, because I never notice if people like me, I'm rubbish at reading signs, and I have led people on by accident in the past without even knowing it, so it has made me a bit over concious of it all now.
Its just I am getting a LOT of texts. Its a few conversations everyday, i'm dreading getting my bill haha!
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Liquidius » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:19 pm

It could all be completely innocent :) I'd take it as that unless he mentions or imply's something else :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Lorelei » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:07 pm

Don't worry too much!
You could talk about the person you're seeing in front of your friend, just to remind him you're not free! Maybe he's just a bit lonely. You could offer to set him up with someone. Whether or not he agrees, it would be one way to let him know that you're not interested!xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brielle » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:09 pm

If you dont like his behaviour then put a stop to the lifts, make it clear to him you are happy in your relationship, and that you have all the support that you could want.
You could also ask him at the same time to go out one night as a foursome, it could break the ice and also make sure that he knows where he stands too, good luk!
we will sit upon the rocks,
and see the sheperds feed their flocks
by shallow rivers, to whose falls
melodious birds sing madrigals.
brielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends