Whats good for the goose.

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Whats good for the goose.

Postby bellissemma » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:48 pm

Im having a rant now, but last night, I have been talking about this bloke you will see on my posts, well we have been gettin on and he came round last night about 11 oclock. My mate had gone to a special do and by the time they got back I was drunk, he came and we, of course got a bit loud as you do. Now ok, he stayed and he is the only man who has ever made me bost my sides laughing so we were laughing in bed and I got really moaned at but it wasnt too long ago they were all boozing it up making a racket on bank holiday when I wanted to go to bed cause i was tired. But I never said a word. Now I have been made to feel like i have done summat wrong I mean I feel terrible both physically and mentally. Like Ive done summat really really bad, it was ok when the shoe was on the other foot aahaghghghghg do people not remember???
bellissemma
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Nuz » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:03 pm

Did u remind your house mates about the noise they've made in the past?

The way i'd look at it is, Its my House too, why should i not be allowed a bit of fun now and then??

Your house mates sound like they are being a bit selfish, sit them down and explain the way you feel to them.
Nuz
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby BlueRayman » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:45 pm

I'm the same i don't complain to my mates when they keep me up, but then its the other way round they soon forget. Don't feel any guilt for it.

Yeah i think you should remind them that their just as bad but try not to get into a mud slinging match.

Remeber the important bit, you had a fun night!
---Ray
It takes more than a bullet to stop fate.
BlueRayman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby X_Smiler_X » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:26 pm

You should remind them that they make noise, and so why should you be quiet just to please them?
This is a common problem with housemates, if one part dont like the racket, the other gets upset - talk to them and tell them unless they are going to be respectful towards you, you aren't going to be towards them.

K x
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lilessexgal » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:11 pm

i agree you shouldnt feel you have done anything wrong. you've put up with it in the past so you should be able to have somef un and be loud every now and again. its not just their flat its yours aswell. tell them that and dont be scared because they might just laugh about it or just say ok and not srgue.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby BlueRayman » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:21 pm

oh i had an idea just cook them a sory meal, then next time they do it you complain and hopefully you'll get one to.

Plus they can't be mad if you cook (not that you should have to) but i get the feeling your one of those people like me who just wnts an easy life.

SMILE
---Ray
It takes more than a bullet to stop fate.
BlueRayman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby arwen » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:13 am

This might not be entirely relevant, but I used to have a housemate who was a psycho witch queen from hell. She used to have a go at me over stupid things, like getting home late, not telling her where I was going to be and not ringing her when I got there (!?) Honestly, it was worse than living with the strictest mum in the world, and she'd have a go at me for not hoovering properly and stuff aswell!

I made the mistake of grovelling and apologising every time she had a go at me for something stupid, and it just got worse and worse because she got on her power trip knowing I would be all humble and sorry when she started ranting at me.

Don't get into a pattern of letting them tell you what you can and can't do, particularly if they are being hypocritical in that they make as much noise when YOU are trying to sleep!

If you can stand up to them over something, you will only need to do it once. But if you back down and grovel they will do it more and more and you'll just become their doormat.
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Friends