I don't want to hurt her feelings

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I don't want to hurt her feelings

Postby sean83 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:48 pm

A girl who I was friends with at school has just finished uni and has came back to our home town, I met her again at one of my friends 21st birthday party, it was really good to see her again and she has joined me and my mates on a few night outs. But the problem is each time we go out she flirts with me and she sends me flirty txt messages all the time, last night she sent me a txt message saying she loves me! I have'nt replied to it yet, I don't know what to say. I'm not in the slightest bit attracted to her, how can I tell her i'm not interested with out hurting her feelings? and losing a good friendship.

P.S. Before anyone says I have not been leading her on.
sean83
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby arwen » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:16 pm

Best to be firm so that there's absolutely no chance of her getting the wrong signals. Sometimes you really do have to be "cruel to be kind".
Just say, "look I really like you as a friend but absolutely nothing more, I'm just not interested in you in that way. Friends, OK?"
It won't be exactly what she wants to hear but there's no chance of any misunderstandings that way, and you don't need to hurt her feelings.
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:04 am

Yeah you need to be honest with her but do it in a nice way.
Emphasize how important your friendship is. I am sure that she will be fine if you let her down in a gentle way.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby all_apologies » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:20 am

I posted a topic in some ways similar about a week ago, and it was suggested that I act as if I'm really interested in someone else. You could act like you think she's joking, and start dropping hints that you're into someone she doesn't know. That way you don't have to be blunt and hurt her feelings, but she gets the message you're not interested because you fancy someone else.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Friends