Boys as mates?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Boys as mates?

Postby Lay » Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:36 pm

I just wondered if anyone felt the same as me - when I meet a guy I get to like I cant help but be attracted to him in some way. Is this normal?

Plz help!
Lay
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby DHa » Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:43 pm

im like that wid chicks but as u can guess my birds not amused not gud i luv her loads but i just cant help myself :-?
DHa
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby misatok11 » Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:56 pm

This is normal. When i go out i feel attracted to most of the girls i talk to. I dont push this urge further because i'm married, but it is normal i think. maybe i'm just a tart though.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby madbird » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:56 pm

I find that 9 times out of 10 I either fancy the guy or he fancies me, I've only got one male friend that I'm mates with & that's it :roll:
madbird
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby shine » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:32 pm

i've got 2 gd guy mates and i'm and attracted to 1 while not the other. i love them both for their personalities but i wouldn't take it further than mates.xx
shine
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby plattsy_girl » Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:49 pm

I don't see why u fancy every guy u meet. Do u like go 4 all types of guys or something???? :-? Maybe u just like guys that would be good m8's, meaning u go 4 pesonality rather than looks :wink:
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Boys as mates.

Postby atomic kitten » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:47 am

:D
Hey, i know how you feel, i think it is normal, people can sometimes get confused, they think that they fancy someone, but often it is the feeling of closeness between friends.
When i was at school i never made friends with girls cos i found them too bitchy, and i made close friendships with lads, and at some point i fancied everyone of them, but then realised that it was not true love, just a closeness between friends. I am still very close friends with one of them, the others have moved to different places and i don't hear from the.

Don't worry about falling for a friend, it is quite normal.

All the best

x
atomic kitten
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby plattsy_girl » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:56 pm

Lads rnt everything u know. Every1 needs em as m8s. Just dont fancy all of em i mean whats more important friendship or a quick snog
Loreal, because you're worth it...
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby X_Smiler_X » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:55 pm

I have to say, I have felt attracted to a male that was my friend many of times! In some ways, I find it hard to have a lad as a mate because otherwise all I'll be thinking of is him!
But, I have many mates that are blokes, and dont feel attracted to them at all, probably because I've been mates with them for 6 years!
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby plattsy_girl » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:10 pm

Exactly. my point is proven
Loreal, because you're worth it...
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby kinky_kylie_aka_babes » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:43 pm

shine wrote:i've got 2 gd guy mates and i'm and attracted to 1 while not the other. i love them both for their personalities but i wouldn't take it further than mates.xx

im not attracted at all to my two guy mates there mates their like brothers im not sharron watts lol xxxx kinky kylie
''LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL AND sausage HAVE FUN''
kinky_kylie_aka_babes
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lilo » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:10 pm

Hey,

It's not weird at all!

Don't feel like that.

Look at it this way- you can obviously see the good points in everybody which is a great thing! That makes you a genuinely nice person!!

You aren't narrow-minded or judgemental by only liking a certain type of guy. I think we all like different guys for different reasons and that's a good thing!
Life's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get!!!!!
lilo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:45 am

I have some male friends who i dont find attractive in any way, but when i was younger i found most of my male friends attractive at some point.

I think it is really hard not to cross the line from good friends into something more. I mean the first thing humans want in a partner is friendship, and later sexual feelings and emotions. If someone is a really good friend they may well make a good partner too. it would be silly if you didn't act on it sometimes you may be passing up good relationships. A lot of people have met their partners through just being mates you know.

I have got involved with a few males friends and all but one of them has ended in tears i'm afraid. The most difficult thing is getting back your friendship once things have gone wrong. The only time i have managed it is because it was such a strong friendship that can probably never be broken but we often stray back over the 'line' every now and then.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:47 am

Unfortunately (mmm well not too unfortunately) every time I have female friends I end up getting attracted to them!
Hey - it's only natural
Just go for it

Vlad
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:55 pm

So, it's hard for you to have a female as a friend? I see what your saying in a way, but I have boys as mates, and dont think of them in that way.

K xx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to Friends