wish i could protect her

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

wish i could protect her

Postby saramidnite » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:58 pm

i ran way from home 12 years ago. my parents and my stepdad use to abuse me mentally andphyscally. they loved my middle sister and my baby sister. never hurt them. i couldnt take my baby sister with me when i left. she was at my nans. my middle sister moced back to my dads and didnt care he tried to kill me as he buys her any thing she wants.
last night my baby sister who now 15 said she wants to end her life. her parents fight all the time and she not been o school in a year. i dont know her address. as they keep moving as they dont pay bills. i wish i could protect her. she cant phone me. i found out threw face book but mum keeps any eye on her account deleting my messages. i wish i could help her. but how. my family wont give an address. and my nan to sick to ask to help
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: wish i could protect her

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:00 am

Even if you knew where your family were living now there is very little you could do about the situation yourself, particularly given the history of abuse you've suffered. I would recommend contacting the Police and Social Services, explaining the situation (both current and historical) and letting them take the issue forward. They will have the means to track down your family and take the appropriate course of action, whether that involves removing your sister from their care if she's at risk or forcing your parents to send her to school. Most importantly, they can arrange support for you and for your sister.

Have you discussed the issue with your boyfriend, or maybe his parents? I don't think it's something you should be tackling on your own and I'd advise you to get the help and support of others to discuss the best way to deal with your issues.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: wish i could protect her

Postby retrochav » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:37 pm

This is way too serious a problem to be on just one persons shoulders. As ilovechristmas has said, the police need to be involved in this as abuse like this just cannot be allowed to continue.

Childline could be helpful to talk to, as they will be able to listen and suggest advice. It's a free phone number. I think it is still 0800 1111.

This cannot be left to damage another life. As you ran away when you were young, you know it's a dangerous world when your 15. Money is hard to come by, sleeping rough is no sleep at all, and people who seem nice and caring can often be dangerously abusive.

She needs protection and you need back up and support.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Siblings