Why do they do it to me?

For problems with parents, whatever your age...

Why do they do it to me?

Postby PurePurple » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:20 pm

Hey all, Yet another problem that's been bothering me :o

My mum and my brother talk about me behind my back and then when me and my brother argue he spills it all out, I've found out they talk about my general appearance and my weight..

It's really getting me down because my mum called me fat infront of my face and my brother calls me a beached whale.. (As funny as it sounds its not nice :cry: :cry: )

I took 1 thing wrong for dinner yesterday at school, and my mum shouted I shouldn't be eating anything, so I didn't eat my tea last night..

They don't understand I want to loose weight but it's motivation I need.. My dad is the only one who understands me, because me and him have the same genes.. He wants to help me.. :cry: but why can't my mum and my brother just leave me alone.. It's really upsetting and often I just won't eat..
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:26 pm

Relatives can be such hard work at times, especially when it comes down to their views on other relatives. I think that the best thing for you to do is to talk to your mum and tell her that your brother and her are not helping you. Tell them what you explained here - you want to lose weight but you need help and motivation. I'm sure that they dont realise how much they are upsetting you. If they dont come round to the idea of helping you just try to ignore them and speak to your dad. It sounds like he could be your wall of strength. Let him be because he will help motivate you and help you through things.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby PurePurple » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:23 pm

captain_flynn wrote:Tell them what you explained here - you want to lose weight but you need help and motivation.

I've told them that but they won't leave me alone :(
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:12 pm

How about speaking to your dad and see if he will have a word with your mum and brother? Coming from him they may actually listen and stop making a joke out of you. Making a joke out of you doesn't help you and certainly wont make you lose weight. Explain to your dad that you really need your families support and backing. I'm sure that coming from your dad, your mum and bro are much more likely to listen.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby The Lady » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:25 am

Hi there Purple!!!
Not sure that there's anything you can do to make your mum and brother lay off you... they may even think that they are 'helping' by giving you 'motivation!!!' Twisted or what?!!!
The best advice that I have to offer is this... I am around 2 stone overweight, I recently lost almost a stone, not through not eating or missing meals (which will make your body think it's starving so it will begin to store every calorie you eat!!!!) but by eating properly and sensibly (yawn I know) but most importantly by figuring out what my problem was with food. I used a book by Dr Phil McGraw called The Ultimate Weight Solution and it's sorted me out!!! If you've heard of him, yeah he's american and cheesy, but he makes sense. I never over ate at mealtimes, it's just that I had around 5 meals a day, plus snacks of biscuits or buns or choc or cake AFTER EVERY MEAL! (even breakfast!!!) Sounds mad but I didn't understand why I was fat... my meals themselves weren't too bad (well maybe they were, it was all microwaved stuff! :oops: :oops: ) But I have breakfast, lunch and dinner and that's it now, no snacks. I was eating cos I was unhappy about some stuff which I've now sorted out (i'm learning to drive and going back to college) and cos I was bored, so I do different things now so I'n not tempted to 'graze' all the time!
any stuff re diet or exercise pm me hun and I'll do my best

xxx
The Lady
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby PurePurple » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:56 pm

Thanks The Lady, I don't eat microwave meals anymore and I do eat a range of things every week, with an apple every day.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby The Lady » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:11 pm

Let us know how it goes for you!

xxx
The Lady
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Parents