left out

For problems with parents, whatever your age...

left out

Postby sugar » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:11 pm

my mum has started seeing an old school friend of hers, who is v ill with cancer.

to begin with i was happy for her being out etc being happy., but now im getting left out and being made to feel im in the wrong!

its my birthday tomorrow, in which all my family are working, so last minute iv set up a meal for tonight, my mum said shel come and were meeting there at 7.30

i phone my mum to see where she is, n shes having a cup of tea with him, so now wont be ready on time, i got quite annoyed down the phone an said she might aswell not come now.

also she basically told me that because she is coming out tonight, shes going out with him tomorrow (my birthday) as she aint bought me anything anyway so theres no point!!

when she finally got home now she had a go at me for being moody with her when hes very ill.

i know hes ill, and i do care, but all i ask of her is 1 day and i cant even get that, she was there for my older sisters n brothers birthday, bought them stuff etc., and is even planning a party for my other sister whos bday isnt til december! im being totally left out,

am i being mean and selfish here or is this a bit unfair to me? as right now my birthday is already ruined to me.
Very worried teenager, please help me live a normal life!!!
sugar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby yessica » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:19 pm

I don't think you're being selfish. Yes he is ill, but he will be ill again in a few days (not meaning to sound inconsiderate) and she could make it for your birthday.
If she had a work thing she couldn't get out of it is understandable but she only arranged this recently. I don't think you're being unreasonable but I don't think there's any point getting stressed about it - this person is obviously important to your mum and you don't want to ruin your brithday celebrations by being upset do you? Just try and enjoy with who can make it.
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:24 pm

i agree with yessica. although your mum is being kind looking after her friend she needs to spend some time with you too. hope things get better on that front for you. and most of all hope you have a great birthday. brfc x
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: left out

Postby retrochav » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:28 pm

show your mum this post. Explain to her that whilst you understand her need to spend what little time she has with a friend, you need time and love too.

Could he not join the occassion for a while? Could you and him become friends? It might be the compromise your mum needs. We dont know how deep their friendship once was.

Sometimes we need to parrent our own mother and father.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Parents