moving to spain, how to tell my mum

For problems with parents, whatever your age...

moving to spain, how to tell my mum

Postby moving2spain » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:53 pm

i'm 24 and have 2 year old twins, me and my partner are considering moving to spain. my partners family have had a place there for a few years and are moving there permenantly next year, they have told us they will pay rent on a place for a year while we decide if we like it and rent our own property out in england so we have somewhere to come back to if it doesnt work out. i'm not working at the moment so my job will not be affected by the move and my partner is a scaffolder and have swapped his company about 4 times in the last year as he follows the money so his job is not a proble, i think we will find work easily over there as he can work with his dad (building) over there and i can do waiting on and nails (which i do anyway) my problem is my mum, i really dont know what to tell her, i know she will miss the kids but i have a feeling she will try and put me off going, i love my mum to death but i tend to listen to much to her and wouldn't trust my own instincts, i want her to support me but i think she may make it hard for me.
does anyone have any idea what i can say to let her know i'm serious without getting angry

thanks
moving2spain
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:22 pm

take you husband for moral support so she can't change your mind
Also it's only a quick hop on the plane for her to come and see the kids and your not saying it's forever just trying it out
How would you feel if your mum wnated to come out there too at a later date/ If you wouldn't mind suggest to he she could do the same as you, rent out her place and use the money she gets to rent somewhere
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby moving2spain » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:21 pm

thanks for you reply! i told her and she was fine, she was upset but didnt react how i would have expected! my mum wouldnt want to come to spain to live she's still with my dad (sorry if i gave u the impression she was on her own) and her mum and my sister are still in england. she will miss the kids the most, she still thinks my fellas family are paying for us to go out so they get to see the kids all the time but at the end of the day if it benefits us then i'm not gonna say no! she will come round to it!
moving2spain
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Parents