mum moving her bf in

For problems with parents, whatever your age...

mum moving her bf in

Postby puppies1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:57 am

My mum has decided she wants to move her boyfriend in even though i hardly know him and have said that i dont want him to. Im in my first yr of uni and iv asked her to wait til at least to the end of this year or the next till i move out then she can do what she wants. But she just decided to move him in without asking me then when i got angry dragged me downstairs in front of him and shouted at me and screamed at me. I dont really know him and to have him living in my house is going to make me feel really uncomfortable and i dont want to be around them. I just feel she should of asked me first , then shouldnt of shouted at me infront of him and shouldnt be making me feel so uncomfortable and sad in my own home.

What does everyone think? I know im not a baby , but since its my home too and i pay to live there , then i should get some say in the matter.

thanks
puppies1
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: mum moving her bf in

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:33 am

I understand why it feels horrible to have someone you don't know if the house and your mum should have talked to you more first but ultimately it is her house.
As you are going to uni will you be living at home or can you stay in halls at uni?
Get a lock on your door so you feel safe in your own space.
I think you need to try and get on with her new bloke and try to get to know him
It will be a horrible situation for you all if you can't get along
It sounds like your mum will pick him over you anyway so it's best to make the best of a bad situation. You may even find you like him
It's your mum your angry at not him so try to be nice. It may also not work out once they live together so make sure you don't give her a reason to blame you if it doesn't.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: mum moving her bf in

Postby RagDoll » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:00 am

I agree with Bel Bel.

I totally sympathise with you, but at the end of the day, it's your Mum's house, so you're just going to have to put up with this situation and try and get to know her boyfriend - you might find you like him in which case living with him could turn out ok.

Also, you implied that you will be moving out in the not too distant future, so you don't have to put up with it for long.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Parents