Mum's Moved In A Alcoholic...

For problems with parents, whatever your age...

Mum's Moved In A Alcoholic...

Postby Samb5413 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:09 am

My mum is a widdow, she's lost her husband my step-dad, she lost her little girl my sister,
From the age of 15 I knew I'd turned out being gay so powerless to stop myself I came out to the family and they accepted it as they said they already knew I only came out february this year so you can imagine how much I was trying to not say anything that much is difficult.
Anyway, mum goes off to Blackpool on a regular basis, she met this 66 year old guy who had a wife who he claimed is an alcoholic, my mum is only 47 but she's fallen head over heals for him. Things between me and him were alright but just reccently he's been trying to be very much my dad which is not happening and then this saturday he hits me infront of my friends and twists my arm in his drunken state (which he's in 7 days a week) What do I Do?
Samb5413
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Mum's Moved In A Alcoholic...

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Does your mum know about this incident?
If not talk to her, tell her your are worried for her and you.
Tell her you don't want to stop her finding love but you care and are worried.
Can she encourage him to get help?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Samb5413 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Yeah My mum knows about the incident and has said he appolagises but the fact that I feel i'm being pushed away and the fact he doesn't like me just because of my sexuality (which i'm sorry but I can't change the fact I'm gay it's just something that's taken time for me to deal with) but still he should understand that its still my home and I don't wanna fall out with my mum I appolagise when i'm wrong but she appolagises for him and I think he does really need help with his alcohol related issues.
Samb5413
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:20 pm

I agree your mum needs to rememebr it's your home too.
Have you tried to have a chat with him when his sober.
Tell him you understand his generation are different about being gay but it's just the way you are.
Ask him if he would consider help, tell him you can see there is a good bloke in there and it would be great for him and your mum if he could sort out the alcohol
The fact he has tried to be a dad shows he must actually care for you but the alcohol is getting in the way of normal thinking

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Samb5413 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Thank you.
Things are starting to Improve now, I say as little as possible though and usually segregate myself to my bedroom as I don't really wanna be getting in the way.
All people keep saying to me is my mum is old enough to make her own mistakes therefore leave her to it but one thing's for certain I'll always be there for her and support her in any decision that she makes. She's been through too much for me to just stop caring I just hope she comes to understand everything that I can see.
Samb5413
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm

You can still let your mum know you care without being with her all the time.
You sound like a great son to have, I hope she knows how lucky she is.

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Samb5413 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Thank you
Yeah She keeps saying how lucky she is to have a son like me because I do more or less anything she wants for her like the washing and ironing and cleaning etc.
I'm just going to carry on as normal and as for her boyfriends concerned i'm just going to be nice to him but not over nice just generally ok with him.
Sam
Samb5413
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Parents