CHILD PROTECTION

For problems with your children, of any age...
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

CHILD PROTECTION

Postby janjan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:16 am

Hi.

My children have recently been subject to Child Protection Plans on the grounds of emotional abuse from their father. The situation is complicated because my youngest child (mid teens) stayed with my husband (the children's father) whilst he was on the plan. During the Child Protection case, social services suggested he went (voluntarily) into foster care because he was still subjected to emotional abuse by my husband and this was making my son extremely aggressive and anxious. My eldest (older teen but with disability) lived with me. The children are off the plans now and we have discussed things as a family. My children and my husband want to reunite - to live as one household. There are financial and practical reasons why we should do so. However, I am scared that if we get back together we will face Child Protection intervention again. My husband is receiving some help for his mental health difficulties and I now work from home so I can supervise the children. However, I know the reason the Child Protection Plans were lifted was because the family had separated and so the risk of my eldest son being subjected to and unable to cope with my husband's outbursts was reduced.

How can I prove that it is now safe for us to reunite?
janjan
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: CHILD PROTECTION

Postby David020549 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

As you have a stable arrangement now you are right to be cautious, would it work to be all together at weekends for trial period.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Children