She gave him Herpes

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

She gave him Herpes

Postby crazy_in_love » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:29 pm

my friend has just admitted that she has herpes. We all just assumed that she caught it off her bf, she wouldnt dream of cheating. However I am also close friends with her bf and he told me in confidence that he had caught the herpes off her, but didnt want me to tell her as he didnt want her to feel bad. He told me this without me telling him that I knew she had herpes.

He confronted her as to how she had caught it and she said through swimming! Is that correct, can this happen! I am just curious
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: She gave him Herpes

Postby retrochav » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:43 pm

Depending what you mean by herpes?

If you mean cold sores, then they can be caught through mugs and cups in a cafe! The herpes simplex virus which causes cold sores (blisters on the lips) are highly infectious when weeping so if a cup or mug isnt washed in very hot water it can spread easily. Many people carry the virus and its only contagious when its at that tingling stage and weepy stage. So if thats what you mean - yes its easily caught through non sexual contact. It can be treated with acciclovir, better known as the active drug in Zovirax.

If you mean hepatitis, which is far more serious (you wouldnt be wandering about with that!) is either caught through sexual contact (hepatitis A, B, or C) or through uncooked sea food (hepatitis A) or blood products ( hep. A,B,C) This attacks the liver and makes someone appear jaudiced (yellow). Hepatitis A and B can be vaccinated against, although Hep.c cant be as yet. So its best to always use a condom!
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby crazy_in_love » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 pm

i mean the herpes down there. she gets blisters and things, and has to take tablets to control it. She was told it will never go away. I dont think she has hepititis, just herpes unless thats the same thing!
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby gatekeeper » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:15 pm

Yea, if it's down there, it's most probably through sexual contact. Hepatitis is not the same as herpes.
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you and I wish on a star that somewhere you are thinking of me too...
So I wait for the day and the courage to say how much I love you
gatekeeper
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby crazy_in_love » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:21 pm

i thought as much although she says that she hasnt cheated, she got it from swimming!
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby peecee » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:34 pm

It it's genital herpes (has she had it diagnosed by a doctor?), it IS sexually transmitted. I haven't read anywhere that it can be caught through swimming... :o - if that were possible, a lot more of us would have it!

There is no cure, but attacks can be prevented or reduced. There is a lot of information available on the internet if you are interested, but I would really advise you not to get involved in your friend's explanation to her boyfriend! :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chriswl » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:06 pm

I hope I don’t cause offence but your friends excuse is lame. You cannot catch it through swimming.
chriswl
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby forever_in_love » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:39 pm

Perhaps she doesn't know how she caught it and hasn't cheated so thought that was the most feasible explanation? Surely it is possible that she had a coldsore and didn't realise, gave him oral sex thus giving him herpes and then he passed it on to her when they had sex? I know it seems unlikely. But there are complex issues here so i think you should tread carefully should u choose to get involved at all. If you think she would never cheat then maybe go with your instincts.xxx
forever_in_love
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

x

Postby ButterflyAway » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Hey guy's...

Well no one is to be sure if she's cheated but who would know if he hasnt cheated aswell..

There are many cases as to how you can catch it..

I often get cold sore's on my lips when im stressed or under the weather...and my mum always told me never to touch my lips and then wipe myself when going to the toilet without washing my hands...simply because you can pass the virus on..

So for example if i had just put some coldsore cream on my lips n then went toilet id catch it down there possibly...

same goes for touching guys privates & your own...

If its then on your privates thats genital herpes... cold sores n herpes are the same...hence why it is really called herpes on your lips but cold sore is a much nicer term...

Find out if either of the boy or girl get cold sores on their lips.... if not.... then leave it to them... n tell them they need to be open..
xx
ButterflyAway
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: x

Postby retrochav » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:40 pm

I assume by the symptoms that we are talking about herpes simplex, which is like cold sores in the genital area.

This cannot be caught by swimming - the chlorine would kill the virus, as well as the water being too dilute to transmit it. It is possible that it was caught by a prior partner having a cold sore and having oral sex with her. It may not have shown up because it can lay dormant for some time, and often isnt noticable in a girl who doesnt shave down there.

Herpes simplex is small viral blisters that are only contagous whilst weeping (that is when the blister has burst). Anti viral creams and tablets (aycliclovir) will keep it at bay most of the time. I am yet to find the case of transmission through a toilet seat - i believe the virus wouldnt survive between users, and the incidence would be sky high amoungst women.

Hepatitis is a far more serious condition. This is transmitted by blood or seminal or vaginal fluids. This virus attacks the liver, and its symptoms include black urine, yellow tinged skin, and fluffy stools. There are three main strains: A,B, and C. Hep.A can be caught occassionally via seafood that isnt cooked (because of sewage discharge - but its a rarity). Hep A and B can be vaccinated against and can be treated and reccovered from. Hep C is far more serious in that it remains symptomless for years and to date we have no cure or vaccine.

All the more reason to practice safer sex and keep in touch with STD clinics for latest thinking on doing so.

In any case, dont judge your friends too harshly. Few people would knowingly infect anyone else.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby teardrop » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:54 pm

cold sores are called herpes. but you can get them down below having sex with someone who has them. also if you have a coldsore and touch it with your hands then touch yourself down below you can yourself spread it. you can not cure it but it will go away and come back again. you can give it to your partner so use protection.
teardrop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...