you're too young

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is it possible to find true love at a young age?

yes
78%
no
22%

Total votes : 23

you're too young

Postby lorian » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:38 pm

not sure where im supposed to post this. My parents are constantly telling me that im too young to fall in love even though i am eighteen. was wondering what other people thought? Is there an age limit to love? Can you meet 'the one' at a young age like 13/15? And is it possible to meet someone you can consider the one, but not feel ready for the whole thing?
lorian
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby xbeanbabyx » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:43 am

Yes. I'm only 15 myself, but I think you can.
I don't think many people do, but at yeah at 18 why not? Loads of people get married at the age of 18 and if they marry they must be in love.
But I think only you can determine whether you love someone or not, your mum can't decide for you. xox
xbeanbabyx
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby DiamondAngel » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:18 am

In my opinion you can fall in love young. I know i did. But i do think it depends on the person. Some people are not emotionally mature...god that sounds patronising (dont mean it to)...and dont fall in love young. But thats fine. However, i dont think anyone can tell you when you are old enough to fall in love. you dont decide to do it...just happens and it is a wonderful thing that i dont believe is limited to the over 20's. Everyone should have it!
*cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart**cheesyheart*
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
DiamondAngel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby kitten » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:42 am

I fell in love with my husband when I was 17/18 and had been in love before that. So no I don't think there is an age limit to love.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Teenspirit » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:57 am

I to dont think there is an age limit to love.......

Although now that I am in a relaationship with someone im crazy about I realise that it wasn't real love I felt with my past bfs.......

But the feelings are still real, you still feel the love it's just that when I do think ive met the one and we break up I meet someone even better and love them even more and realise it wasn't true love in the past....

I'm 25 now and now know true and been with my partner for 3yrs true love you also have a better understanding when you get older and hopefully wiser too.
Teenspirit
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: you're too young

Postby retrochav » Fri May 04, 2007 12:50 pm

There is no upper or lower age limit to falling in love - but its a rollercoaster of emotions from blinding happiness to suicidal despair. Just reading the entries on problem pages would show you that. Your parrents probably hope you wont be exposed to that too soon.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby chat noir » Fri May 04, 2007 1:00 pm

I fell in love at 19 and still together nearly 3 yrs later :) it can happen any time but the reason I think most young loves dont last (aged 14-17 or so) is because people change too much at that time.
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Wild Sage » Fri May 04, 2007 6:20 pm

there is never an age limit on love if your parents keep saying it just tell them thy have forgotten what it is like to be young

one thing there is an age limit on is lust which usualy hits at 14 yet the law disobays anything till your 16 lol lifes a witch
Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
By strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
And when the borders bleed we watch with dread
The lines of ink across the map turn red.
Wild Sage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby fairy of darkness » Wed May 09, 2007 9:29 pm

Anyone can fall in love....they say true love lasts a lifetime but i don't believe this it true.Sometimes things just change that make you stop loving someone so yeah i believe you can fall in love no matter what your age is. Some people meet at 14 and then end up getting married. It's just a matter of whether you meet the right person at the right time.

Love
F.O.D
xxxx
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jess1234 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:36 am

My friends mum met her husband at 13 and got married when she was 18 and they are still in love after 17 years. So i do think that you can be in love when you are young
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: you're too young

Postby cute2007 » Fri May 11, 2007 10:03 am

lorian wrote:not sure where im supposed to post this. My parents are constantly telling me that im too young to fall in love even though i am eighteen. was wondering what other people thought? Is there an age limit to love? Can you meet 'the one' at a young age like 13/15? And is it possible to meet someone you can consider the one, but not feel ready for the whole thing?

i dnt think there is a age limit to love cause i fell in love with my fiance when i was 15 and we got together when i was 16 and then engaged im now 17 and we r still going as strong as ever. u just have to follow ur heart even if ur parents dont think u can, only u will know what u feel

hope i have helped :D :D :D
cute2007
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to And the rest...