Feeling low with life

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Feeling low with life

Postby Bungle » Tue May 01, 2007 12:34 pm

I am feeling very low.I have had a bad couple of years.Our family has had several bereavements,illness etc.We have had major financial trouble which is causing on going stress and arguments.My relationship with my husband is not good-the trust has gone.We spend little time together,and when we do we only discuss our numerous problems from children to family to money.
We have had a rift with my family also so I feel I have lost them.I have being trying to keep going as my Daughter has depression and I've tried to be strong for her but now I just want to give up.After years of on going problems and heartache I feel so drained.I have lost "me".I struggle on a day to day basis and just feel at breaking point.
Any help please! :(
Bungle
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Z3girl » Tue May 01, 2007 1:18 pm

Hiya -

If I was in this position the first thing I would do is try and sort out the rift with your family - secondly I think you should go to the doctor and see what he says - he may recommend counselling!!

Perhaps as U feel drained, u need some time of work or too yourself...

Tell your husband that u need a break some where and u would like to make a fresh start - even if its just for a few nights to get away from it all, that will help - That might make your daughter fill a bit better too...

U can get 'me' back in time and things do turn round in the end. Dont give up you have come this far - U sounds like a fighter to me!!!!!

Hope this has helped u a bit!!! x
He who dares, wins!!!!
Z3girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bungle » Thu May 03, 2007 9:03 am

Hello ZGIRL3,

Thanks for your reply.
Ideally it would be good to have my family on side but it is unlikely I think.The rift came after years of tension,and also involves my parents dislike of my young son,and the fact they shout and call me names in front of my children.As soon as I stood up to them thats it-they have told me they no longer have a daughter.I have also been on the recieving end of some very nasty things from them.
You are right about a break though.I would love to get away and re-charge for a bit.I will try to find out if its possible with work,money etc.
I may be run down,I do feel very tired as I seem to have spent the last few years in worry of one kind or another.
Thank-you for your kind post,its good to feel someone cares when you feel like this.
Bungle
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Z3girl » Thu May 03, 2007 10:52 am

Hello Bungle,

ahhhh sorry to hear your family is like this and you are better of out of it then - I hope you have some good friends round you as they are like family too sometimes.....

:D GREAT - glad u are thinking about getting away from it all - it will do your the world of good and your daughter too...

No wonder your tired if u have spent time worrying about one thing or another, well all I can say to that is that things can and do get better thats a fact!!!

Glad I was some kind of help,

I wish you well, take care

Z3 girl!!!
He who dares, wins!!!!
Z3girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bungle » Mon May 14, 2007 8:53 am

Thanks again z3girl,

Am still trying to work out a way to get away but its looking doubtful.I cant really afford it-even on the cheap-and arranging cover with the children is prooving tricky.

It is just never-ending.The interest rate rise was the last thing we needed when we're counting every penny as it is.

Also I have been having some hassle from other family members who are trying to get this rift resolved.Trouble is they have already heard my parents version,and taken that as the truth.Therefore I have already been judged,and am being almost told off by them.

It seems like the rift is spreading through the family-and I have been labelled the bad one.

Many of those I thought were my friends have given up ringing.I think they got fed up with all my problems.It hurts me because I am always there for my friends when they need me yet I feel so alone.
I have had no control over the bereavements,illnesses etc.If they're fed up hearing about it-they should try living with it!

Sorry to go on,am struggling today.
Bungle
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Z3girl » Tue May 15, 2007 11:10 am

Hello Bungle....Hope you are ok!!!

Yes the intrest rat rise is not helping at the moment is it, I expect a lot of people will be affected by this!

Im sorry to hear of the rift still going on in your family.....I would suggest that u perhaps stay away from them if possible - If people will take your parents word for it rather than yours, then there not worth it...
Also I really really think that what ever has happened, no matter who is right and who is worng and who told the truth or whatever, a line needs to be drawn underneath all of this now, otherwise no one will move on!

Im talking from experience, as my dad did not talk to his parents for over 18 years and then when he did start talking to them my Grandfather died - at least they made up before he died, but still now when i think of that it upsets me that all those years were just wasted....

True friends never give up on a frined no matter how many problmes they have....Have u tried taking up a hobby to make new friends??? I totally agree with u that u had no control over bereavements and illnesses - this had ben hard on you....

No wonder u feel like your sturggling today U do sound like an incredibly strong woman :) and am sure everything will work out in the end....

Try giving your friends a call and tell them u need a night out that should boast your spirits.....
He who dares, wins!!!!
Z3girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby katie01 » Tue May 15, 2007 7:05 pm

well this is not apiece of advice i just want to mention, that what you survive makes you stronger...
katie01
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby brfc » Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 am

sure does katie :)
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bungle » Tue May 22, 2007 9:58 am

Hi z3girl,

Thanks for your support.I know many families have these rifts.Trouble is the difficulties with my parents run very deep.I feel like I've gone beyond a stage where I can just forgive and move on.

I think for me though-I can draw a line under it,to let me move on,but without any plans to try to sort things.I have been knocked back by them so many times I think I dont need the rejection any more.

I am more hurt by the other family memebers who have heard just one side and made their mind up.In thier defense though my mother can be very manipulative so she probably convinced them quite well.

I just wish some of the rubbish would ease off for a while and give me the chance to feel more positive.I feel I am stumbling from one crisis to the next at the moment.

Thanks again,
Bungle
Bungle
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to And the rest...