need advice about my uncle

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules

need advice about my uncle

Postby KELLY999 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:59 pm

Six months ago I was sent to stay with my aunt and uncle as Mum and Dad were having problems at home. My aunt had come to my house and suggested that it would probably be better if i had stayed with them till things between my parents had calmed down. Mum had agreed with my aunt that i should go with them.

One night after getting off the phone to my mum i was very upset after speaking to her and burst into tears. i went into my bedroom and cried on my bed. My uncle had come into the room after hearing me cry. He asked me to tell him what was wrong and after I did, he said i shouldn't worry. He told me i was a pretty girl and pretty girls like me shouldn't be crying. He then put his hand on my face to wipe my tears and then kissed me on my lips gently. At that moment it hadn't registered with me what he did was wrong because i had been so upset. He then told me that i should lie down and then i'd feel better so i did as he said. He then started to stroke my hair with one hand and with the other he pulled my skirt up and stroked my leg then started to touch me in places that were inappropriate. I told him to stop and he said what he was doing was going to make me feel better. After he stopped touching me, he told me what happened was a special thing between he and I and that i shouldn't tell anyone. After that i was scared to be alone with my uncle and he never went near me again but always gave me a look.

I am now back home with my parents but i have not told them of what happened that time. But now i am scared because there is a wedding in the family and my uncle and aunt will be staying with us. I am so scared he may do it again and i don't know what to do.
Just Landed
Just Landed
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:59 pm

Postby Weasley » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:10 pm

Tell someone as soon as possible! It may have only happened once, but once is enough. What your uncle has done is completely wrong and shouldn't be condonned. He too knows its wrong. Tell someone - it doesn't need to be your parents. You could have a word with your uncle and tell him that what he did to you was wrong and not to do it again. Tell him if he does you will tell your parents. You need to do something to stop it, the last thing you want to do is to be too scared to say anything and let it spiral out of control. Now he see's he has done it and got away with it he may well try and do it again. Be strong. Tell someone.
xxx :)
User avatar
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:53 pm
Location: UK/USA
Gender: Female

Postby morris mouse » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:50 pm

Weasley wrote:Tell someone as soon as possible! It may have only happened once, but once is enough.


I was really sorry to hear of what your uncle did to you. :cry: :cry:

"Weasley" is right. Of course you should tell someone about this.
An adult you can trust.

It would also be good to tell the police too!!!
User avatar
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:35 am
Location: Scotland
Gender: Male

Re: need advice about my uncle

Postby retrochav » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:34 pm

Your uncles behaviour is entirely inappropriate. As the other two posts have stated, its not acceptable. Tell your mum that you dont want to make trouble but cant face seeing him without protection. Then tell her everything. If she wont accept it, tell your dad, teacher, nan, anyone until someone takes action.

You may wish to take official action, you may want to just feel watched over and protected from him. You are the one who has been treated in an inappropriate way so make sure you get the support you need to deal with this.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:48 am
Location: London

Postby yessica » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:05 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you. It must be really confusing. But you must realise that this is a serious crime. I would advise telling one of your parents. If not, then an adult you are close to. Let them take the burden. You don't deserve this. Share this problem. If you tell your family, then they can make sure that this will never happen again.
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
User avatar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South

Return to And the rest...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest