my husbands brother....

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

my husbands brother....

Postby sharna » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:55 pm

not really sure how i should start this one off...( so i'll give u the shortened version)
it all began new year 2006, we'd just had the countdown in to celebrate the new year and everyone was outside, my husbands brother gave me a kiss (which at the last minute i moved so it landed on the cheek)

confused me slightly to why i did this as i think it did him but its started a whole chain of events

forward to april 2006
we began chatting on msn and he told me that he really liked me and we swapped a few pics

since then we've been to parties, kissed etc and gone thru another new year...he sends me txts saying he wants to be with me AND he's made it obvious...as my hubby even knows that he likes me

i know its all wrong but i dont know how to stop it...or if i even want to..
sharna
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby LesleyP » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:16 pm

Sharna, this is something you need to talk about with your husband a lot. Sounds like you are OK with him (although you don't say much about your marriage). His brother isn't going to go away, and it doesn't sound like your feelings for each other are either. Brothers are usually quite similar, so what attracted you and your husband is working in the same way with his brother.

When you talk to your husband, it won't be a shock to him "..as my hubby even knows that he likes me". You have to find out more how your husband feels about your relationship. Is his relationship with his brother good or not?

You are in an unstable position at the moment which will probably be resolved by either agreeing to keep your brother-in-law at arms-length, or, with your husband's consent, becoming more involved with his brother, and agreeing clear boundaries.

Becoming more involved without your husband's blessings will lead only to tears, heartache and possibly divorce.

If you become more involved with your husband's blessings, you will have to make sure that you continually reassure your husband of your love for him so that he doesn't become fed-up and jealous. Also, if you do go this route, you will have to be prepared for your husband to want a lover too. Can you handle that?
LesleyP
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: my husbands brother....

Postby retrochav » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:51 am

You know its wrong but clearly dont want to stop it. If you had you would have firmly said no!

Theres nothing "wrong" so far. That could change if things got more heated. Secretive text messages, secret kisses - how would you feel if you had a sister and your husband was doing this. Remeber, trust is the foundation of a relationship.

Unless your husband gets a kick from it, or doesnt care, i would seriously watch how far you let this go.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby amanda11 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:35 am

decide what you want soon and stick with it. people will get hurt if you don't.
there is a light that never goes out
amanda11
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...