what rights has he got?

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

what rights has he got?

Postby buttercup-baby86 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:39 pm

I was wandering if anyone had any information on my rights as a mother to my son against his father.
i am having alot of trouble with him making threats to take my son off me and him not picking him up when he feels like it.
he keeps harrassing me , calling me names.I have been to a solicitor once because of the trouble but it hasnt changed.
we had arranged for him to have my son on the anniversary of my grandads passing as he is being scattered. He later then phoned up saying that he couldnt have him today.so i got angry because my son was getting excited to see him and i have to see him hurt when he doesnt show.
He later then threatened that he wouldnt have him the day off my grandads scattering which i think is childish and selfish but it upset me as this is not the sort of place id like to take my son.
He calls me selfish and a bad mother as i am not willing to take him as my son is only 3.
I am sick of his nastyness.
Im not being unruly about him, he does have him on a weekend but i suppose thats only because he has to by the courts.
He pays no maintenance and never has and everytime i put a claim in he quits his job so he has no money anyway.
i feel everything i do he has a way out or something to say
next he says he is going to get social services involved.
Im so sick of the rubbish!!!!!
please help
buttercup-baby86
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby brfc » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:49 pm

hi and welcome to problem pages

im not sure about rights but i do feel that he needs to start thinking not just about upsetting you but what effect he is having on his 3 year old son. all this stuff must be having a bad effect on him. im all for fathers seeing there kids if things break up if there going to carry on thinking abut there child but if hes not willing to be a good father to your son then i feel that he wouldnt benefit from any contact with him.

i guess the best place to go would be either back to your solicitor or mayb the cab for legal advice.

hope all works out

brfc x
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:57 pm

the person in your post at t top is that this guy? if it is then he deserves no contact especially if he hit you when you were pregnant and was abusive to you. this guy has alot to learn about how to treat a woman.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...