it would be good to get some advice form another christian

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

it would be good to get some advice form another christian

Postby hara » Tue May 20, 2003 10:37 am

Hi this isnt about me. Im a christian and im having trouble getting my head around this situation. A friend of mines been having some probs with her faith, She has liked this guy @ church 4 ages. Well she came 2 church the other day and she told me that they've beem sleeping toghether. I lnow its got nothing to do with me what they do in privet but hes a respected member fo the church, works with the youth and about 5 years older than her.
If any christians are reading this i'd like there help but any peoples ideas and thoughts would be good.
Thanks
:-) smile
hara
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Diane » Tue May 20, 2003 12:05 pm

i think ure rite its not any of ure buisness wot they do in private! cant u just be happy for them?
Diane
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Mr.L » Mon May 26, 2003 3:14 pm

how odl is da girl? if shes like 15 and his 20 den its pedofilia and i 4rt christians dint have sex before marriage, yer?
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby misatok11 » Sat May 31, 2003 7:52 am

It depends really on the ages we are talking about. Just because they are sleeping together before marriage doesnt make that person bad.

All you can do is talk to them. Remember though, they may think you are overstepping your mark. It is their choice at the end of the day.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lowopinionated » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:48 pm

I'm actually a church attender myself and had a Christian upbringing too and your problem caught my eye. In the church I'm in, just the same sort of thing has happened with people I've known. While it really is their business of course, and we shouldn't be the ones to judge, if they are both supposed to be proper Christians then they shouldn't really have done what they did. However, we are still supposed to respect our fellow Christians no matter what, so don't feel bad about them as we're all only human and after all Christians are supposed to believe that the Lord forgives. If they continue to do what they are doing, sooner or later the truth will come out and they will have to deal with it when it comes to a head, as the people I knew had to.
Mikey Mike
lowopinionated
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

thanks

Postby hara » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:57 am

thanks for the reply. What you said made perfect sense. It took me a while but i finially got my head round the situation.
:-) smile
hara
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Llisa » Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:30 am

HI hun,
I'm a born again Christian and am thrilled to see your post on here. To everyone who isn't a Christian and replied in a condesending tone...you have to realize that this is our lives. Everything we do is based on our belief that the Son of God came down from heaven to die on the cross for our sins. His word is the Bible, and what's in the Bible is what goes with us. So no, we can't "just be happy for them" when two choose the path of sin and embark in premaritial sex, especially a leader in the church.
Hara, so really answer your question, you shouldn't get your head around this. I don't have my Bible handy right now, so I can't give you the proper reference, but when something like this has happened, the person(s) committing the offense are to be put out of the church for a trial of punishment. To everyone else...NO they are not kicked out, but they have to learn that what they did was wrong. After a certain period of time they ARE allowed back in the church. Hara, I strongly suggest that you approach your friend and tell her to 'fess' up to what she did. If not, it's your responsibility to go to the elders in the church and report what you know. It's hard to do...trust me...I have experience...but in the long run...you could really be saving them from a lot of things. OK?
I'll be praying for you and the situation
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mariamaria » Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:43 pm

What I think is this. If they really are Christians, they wouldn't have done what they did. Or they might be doing what my mum does and picks and chooses what rules she wants to follow. Don't butt in! It's none of your business! The more you butt in, the more they're going to do it! Just leave them to it. Sex it natural anyway. No it's not meant for marriage! It's meant for two people who feel that they LOVE each other. That doesn't mean that you have to get married just to have sex! Think logically.
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jim » Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:36 pm

Hi Hara, I'm just concerned that the relationship you mention is an abuseive one. You say he's five years old than her and works with youth. Does this mean that she's under the age of consent? If so then this is against the law and should not be happening at all. Sorry to be so blunt but thats the case. I hope all the best for you and your friend
Jim
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...