My Auntie, Uncle and 2 half cousins

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My Auntie, Uncle and 2 half cousins

Postby PurePurple » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:20 pm

Hi All, This probably is going to be long so I apologise in advance.

I last spoke to my now half cousins in 2002, At my Auntie & Now Uncle's Wedding, Where we got on like a house on fire! I haven't had contact with my 2 half cousins since then (I'm sure you're aware it's been 6 years since 2002)

Anyway, On Christmas Day I went to my Auntie's house, And I spoke to my 2 half cousins on the phone.. But they made it seem as they were only talking because they had to, And didn't really want to talk to me.

Then on New Years Eve/Day we went to my Auntie's again, And my 2 half cousins and her Mum & Dad were there, As it was also their Dad's 50th Birthday.. My 2 half cousins only said "Hi" and then they were off on the PC or they were sitting with their parents watching TV. Most of my family were in a different room, And Helena & Jen (My 2 half cousins) would only come in for food, Completley ignore us and then go back to cuddling up with their parents.

They won't talk to MY side of the family at all, They'll only talk to MY Auntie and their family. The other thing that's really irritating me aswell is that My Auntie has known Me and my Brother for ages, Since My Mum was pregnant with us, and yet she has more pictures of Helena And Jen in the house than she does of me and my brother. I know that sounds really selfish but it would be nice to feel that she cares about us.

And lastly, My Uncle is such a party pooper! He won't join in with the laughs we all have and all he does is insist on filling up peoples' drinking glasses, Especially if it's alcohol. Like I had drank a quarter of a glass of wine and he asked me if I was ready for a top-up :o - He kisses my Auntie infront of us and initiates sexual acts infront of us, I really don't class him as part of our family. Our family is full of energy, Especially my Mum and 2 Aunties, And he nor my 2 half cousins and their family participate in any of it! It's really irritating me.

I'd like your opinions please
x
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:02 pm

Problem is you can't make people like you.
Helena and Jen probably don't wnat anyone stealing their time with the parents, sad but some people are like that
Whether you like the uncle or not he is who your auntie has choosen and all you can do is be civil, there are no rules you have to be his best friend.
At weddings everyone seems to make more of an effort to get in the spirit of things and they are out of there usual comfort zones, often drinking and certianly not wanting to spoil the day tries to get on with everyone
As for the pictures, are they ones given to her so she feels expected to display them when they visit (are they even a permanent fixture or just up when they visit?) or are they pictures she has taken herself
Maybe you need to give them more of your pictures or take some together and send copies saying how much you thought it was a nice photo.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby PurePurple » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:15 pm

I've never seen them on her mantlepiece before, But I think they are recent September school photos, I'll try sending her copies of pictures I like from that day, but she insists on sending them to me :o
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby teardrop » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:08 am

hi hun. ive spent most of my life being hurt by my family .and it has had a bad effect on me because ive let it get the better of me.i have now distance myself from them. take my tip dont worry about them or you will drive yourself mad wondering why this and why that. i say thank goodness we can choose our friends eh. if you feel like i do that they dont like you it is horrible but they wont lose any sleep over it . cheer up hun xx
teardrop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby PurePurple » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:41 am

Thanks teardrop, It's not the issue of the photos that bothers me, It's just how ignorant they are and how Helena & Jen won't talk to my side of the family :-?.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby teardrop » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:39 am

i know what you mean. your family is not the only ones divided in this way,its going on all the time. you cant make them talk to your family and i know it upsets you . just leave them to it and say....oh well its up to them..... one day they may start to talk x
teardrop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby PurePurple » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:03 pm

I hope they start talking soon :o
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...