I need an excuse for my landlord?

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I need an excuse for my landlord?

Postby pepper » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:23 am

Basically the apartment i live in is damp- very damp- and in BAD need of new carpets and the cooker is broken. My landlords a lovely man but hes in his 80s and keeps forgetting to fix things when i mention it to him. The apartment above us just became available and he owns it. Its all newly done up and spotless, my partner and I want to move into it but i need an excuse to give teh landlord. I dont want to tell him the real reason why.

My partner says i should just tell him the dampness is affecting my ashma

Im meeting him tomorrow can anyone think of a good excuse for wanting to take the better apartment upstairs
pepper
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Yellowcoaching » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:40 am

Just ask him if you can take the upstairs apartment, he may not even ask you why.
If he does just say you like the look of it and name some of the benefits of the new one you probably won't need to mention any of the down sides to the old one. If he asks it might be better to be honest as any new tenant will be likley to point out the issues?
If you feel guilty about it you could offer to lend a hand clearing out the old carpet and so on?
You only get one life; I can help you make the most of it.
Yellowcoaching
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...