blah

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

blah

Postby donnaxx1 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:46 pm

blah
Last edited by donnaxx1 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
donnaxx1
Just Landed
Just Landed

hmmm

Postby Zombie » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:11 pm

First things first consider your options.

A) have you caught anything - go find out soon!
B) are you Pregnant

If you are both then you may want to talk to your gp about what to do. If you have something hopefully they'll catch it early. if you havent caught anything but are pregnant then you have to concder wither it can be aborted or not and would you do that! As for the father he doesnt seem like he's worth much so would you really want to find him!

As for worrying do it later and take action now!
The chances are you arent pregnant as the pill takes 6 months to wear off compleatly.
Dazed and confused
Zombie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby misatok11 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:49 am

I think the first and most important thing you need to do is find out if you are pregnant. If you aren't, then the rest of your worries will smooth themselves out.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

hmm

Postby Zombie » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:51 pm

cast an interesting debate though doesnt it? whats worse being pregnant or catching something! Say it's something seroise that can kill you never mind the baby should there be one
Dazed and confused
Zombie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby misatok11 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:00 pm

Isn't having a baby the result of catching something as well? :wink:
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

hmmmmm

Postby Zombie » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:36 am

i'd say a baby can be handled with time and grandparents but HIV deals with time in a diffrent way to be honest if it were me id be more worried abuot that than being pregnant.

HIV = painfull death
Baby = painfull life

funny when you think about it.

Mind you that said there is nothing funny about either
Dazed and confused
Zombie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby misatok11 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:07 am

You are right there. The first step is visit the doctors anyway. From there you can figure out which way to turn.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jim » Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:39 pm

Hi donnaxx1, Im just concerned by somem of the above posts, they seem so insensitive. Whatever happens Donna I'm sure your family will love you; and there is tons of help out there. If you are worried why not try letting off steam with the samaritans on 08457 90 90 90. Wishing you all the best
Jim
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lilo » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:48 pm

Hi Donna,

What a predicament you find yourself in!

Take the advice given and go to your doctor or any clinic and get tested! Then you know exactly what you are facing.

If you have any STD's then yes they should hopefully be treatable.

If you are pregnant then you have options open to you 1 Keep the baby 2 Abort 3 adoption. None of these would be an easy option. hopefully you aren't pregnant! Although I'm not too sure about the advice about the pill taking 6 months to wear off. As far as I am aware there is no protection if it has not been taken correctly. Don't want to scare you but there is no point giving false reassurance either.

As for contacting him - well it will be pretty difficult as you don't know for certain that was his real name. He may have planned it from the start and his sister would have backed him up. This happened to my sister but she got an address from the guy which turned out to be false and he never wrote to her at her address. That's men or more to the point boys for you!

Hope it all works out for you, let us know. If you are in the clear both STD and pregnancy wise then just chalk it all up to experience and learn from the mistake. Anyways we all make mistakes if you've got a spare 3 million years I'll fill you in on all mine!!!!!!! :oops: :oops:
Life's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get!!!!!
lilo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Hi

Postby Beckyt » Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:04 pm

Oh dear Donna, I think you've well and truely got caught up in the holiday from hell scenario.

I think like the others have said that the first priority you should have is to check what your health situation is. If you are pregnant you need to think about your options very carefully. I know it's frightening but it's something that needs to be done asap because plans need to be made.
If you are not pregnant, Check about the STD's situation, we all know that Chlymidia is a silent threat to women and can have a serious affect on our fertility should it damage our fallopian tubes. HIV is another big panic although I wouldn't get yourself wound up with worry about this one , tackle it if you come to it.

But if you are given the all clear, i think you've well and truely been taught the hard way. What I can say is that we all make mistakes and there's no good beating yourself up about situations we can't change because they are in the past. No one thinks you're a slag (well i don't anyway) a lot of girls get caught up in holiday romances that lead them into big trouble so people shouldn't judge you on something that they have probably done themselves.

Next time you go on holiday and you feel that you might want a sexual liason buy some condoms (make sure they've got the Kite mark if your abroad as well). The pill may be good to protect us against pregnancies but it's not fail safe and it doesn't protect us from nasty infections.

Just take stock of what you've got to do now and don't panic. Like Jim said your parents will be supportive if you find yourself pregnant, when they get over the shock. If you need any more support please contact me on my email address which is rebeccat31@netscape.net and I will be happy to discuss some options with you.

Take care and good luck

Becky xx
Don't worry be happy!!!
Beckyt
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby sovs » Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:53 pm

You got carried away on holiday, but you are not a s*ag.

I feel i have to apoligise for the insensitivity of what the boys said, unfortunately a lot of men are not very sensitve. but well done jim some good advice.
No matter what happens get the support of your family behind you.

Hope everything works out. :wink: xxx
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...