Party, But I don`t want to invite some people....

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Party, But I don`t want to invite some people....

Postby Cat Queen » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:30 pm

Hi. As you maybe know by now , me and Zombie are getting engaged in August, in Paris. We`ve decided to have a party in September to celebrate this fact. But recently the guest list is a bit... Complicated.

1- My brother has fallen out with his wife and has a new girlfriend.
Problems from that are
(A) The wife is no longer invited
(B) My nephew dosn`t want to go without his mum
(C) The new girlfriend is going, Nephew hates her guts!!!
He`s 10.
My brother`s girlfriend is 17 and pregnant.

2- My boyfriend`s cousins.I recently haven`t been getting along well with one of them(Andy)
Fact is we fell out over his girlfriend. Before she went out with him(For the hundreth time)(Laura) tried to snog my boyfriend Zombie. Which I was mad about but settled down a bit.
Next day I walked up to Andy at work and said" Did you hear about Laura last night?"(Jokingly)
He replied, "yeah with (Zombie), But you don`t beleive him do you? Do you know how drunk he was?"
Then started going off on one!

Found out next day Laura and Andy are together!!
(A) I don`t want this lass near our party
(B) Things are still rocky with Andy and me

3- A different cousin of my lad. Cause for concern is the girl he`s with!!!
My Lad HATES her!!!
She was feeling (Zombie) up while she was going out with (David)
Now David has got back with (Carry)
(A) My lad says she is NOT coming to any of his parties etc

But wouldn`t this all start a family feud? If we don`t invite some people?
I`m not sure what to do, and the time for planning is rapidly approaching.
Sorry this post is SOOOOO Long. Felt like I had to go into detail for you to understand.

Please offer solutions, or advice. I`m really confused on what to do :-?
"Life is like a box of chocolates",
can never get enough and get fat on them!!!
Love Lou XXXX
Cat Queen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby misatok11 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:15 pm

Take it from the party master. This is your party, it is your time here no one elses. You want to have fun and make it memorable for all the RIGHT reasons.
If you don't feel comfortable inviting some people then don't. Talk it over with Zombie and compromise. You might annoy a few people in the end but it's YOUR party.
On another note have fun! :D
The party Monster x
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby heartbroken » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:39 pm

could,nt have said it any better. Its YOUR party, invite who YOU want . :D
heartbroken
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby sovs » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:24 am

This is deffinately tricky.
I think you should still invite the cousins and there partners, no ones gonna start on your wedding day, and if the girls did fancy your man, well let them see who he truely loves and wants to spend his life with. (the joke will be on them) let them stew other that.
Secondly invite your brother and girlfriend, there your family now not the ex wife. dont invite her or there will be serious consiquences i fear. (im pretty sure i spelt that wrong but you know what i mean).
Then invite your nethew as he's still part of you life and if he wont come, then he wont come. Weddings are stressfull enough without worrying about other people. Just remember it's your day, not theres.
Enjoy yourself, and feel like a princess. all eyes will be on you.
Let us know what you decide.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Thanks everyone

Postby Cat Queen » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:44 pm

Aww Sovs, That was soooo Sweet!!! :D . Thank you :wink: . Think I`ll go with your suggestion :P I`ll tell you how the party goes. It`s in October
"Life is like a box of chocolates",
can never get enough and get fat on them!!!
Love Lou XXXX
Cat Queen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby misatok11 » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:48 pm

Just to make you feel even better, It is always the brides day, you will be a bride one day so it's your party and you'll do what you want (except cry) :D
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Hi

Postby Beckyt » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:45 pm

Hi CatQueen I dunno if this is any of my business because I'm new to all this and I've only been posting stuff for a week. I feel like you know all of these people. But my advice is ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!! It's your party (well and your fiances of course) and like everyone else has said it's up to you who you invite don't let anyone spoilt it for you. I think if you decide to just invite them all they will be on their best behaviour anyway because it's your day and if they love and respect you they will swallow their differences. just for those few hours that you need them to focus their attentions on you.
My family don't really get on and my boyfriend doesn't get on with my mom so I'm dreading my wedding day but people have just got to accept that they shouldn't rain on your parade.

My last and final thing i want to say is CONGRATULATIONS! and hope you have a fantastic party and wedding! Good luck and best wishes!
Don't worry be happy!!!
Beckyt
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby kitten » Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:01 pm

This brings back memories, I got married last year. Two of my friends weren't getting along and I had to sit them on the same table. They both said it was my day and they wouldn't argue as it wasn't fair on me.

Also I had a Blessing to go to and my Godfather (who I'd never met as he left my Aunty) was there with three ex wifes in tow!! They all got along, well avoided each other I think.

Hope all goes well for you.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...