A test if friendship?

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

A test if friendship?

Postby iamdodge » Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:16 pm

I'm looking for advice on what shouln't be a problem, and yet it is. One of my friends has just returned from university and he has bought a friend of his back with him.
I'm not 100% on what their relationship is, all I know is that they are very close. I've found out that she had a fiance but I think that they split up. My friend likes this girl a lot. However, when 4 of us had a night out last night, including my friend and this girl, I was told that she fancies me. I have to say that I fancy her aswell.
I think that she may have told my friend that she fancies me, and he has taken it rather badly.
I don't want to do anything that will hurt my friend, but it really isn't very often that I find a girl who likes me aswell as me liking her. I fear that because of this, then something will happen. I do not know this girl, so I think that it may only be a short term thing if anything did happen.
If anyone can help me out with what I should do, then I would be most gratefull. :-?
iamdodge
Just Landed
Just Landed

ok

Postby briz babe » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:30 am

Hmm..... Well is having a relationship with this girl worth losing your friendship, as you harly konw her. You say that know one really likes you and she does. So I think you could get to know her a bit better first.But if you could explain to your friend how you feel for her maybe he'll realize and back off. Best of luckxxx

I'm here if you wanna talkx
briz babe
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby sovs » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:07 pm

Totally agree with you Briz Babe you got it in one.

Follow this girls advice she knows what shes talking about. :D
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby MelodyLinn » Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:13 pm

Yup, I agree with Briz Babe too. But make sure you don't lose your friendship over a girl you don't know...

MelodyLinn :roll:
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby zer0_option » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:08 am

way back when i was in the 6th form one of my closest friends and i both liked the same girl (although we both knew her a little bit - but not that much)...

he approached the girl and warned her that if she started dating me then the friendship between us would be over...

the girl told me this (not that i told my friend) but will still started seeing each other...

in the end..?? my friend got used to the idea and his friendship has out lasted the girlfriend by - oh, by about 12 years...

if this person truly is your friend - it will work itself out and if not..? were they truly a friend..??
zer0_option
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Kyle » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:58 pm

You are so right about not finding someone who feels the same about you all the time. This sort of thing doesn't crop up everyday! I think that you should sit your friend down and ask him if he has a problem. If his answer is yes, ask him what he has a problem with exactly. There could be a few possible answers to this. Some not so good. The best way to deal with his problem, if he has one, is to say. and say these words exactly: 'I can not change the way i feel, so tell me your problem and we'll sort it.
I really hope my advice helps you. O.k Hunni!!!!! Take care
Everytime i try to fight i fall,
without my wings i feel so small,
I guess i need you baby. x
Kyle
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...