She can never find time for me or my family

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

She can never find time for me or my family

Postby X_Smiler_X » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:08 pm

Me and my family have never really been that close to my Auntie, Uncle, my Nan and cousins.
I get on fine with my Mums side of the family, but not with my Dads side. My Nan hasn't been round here in about a year and a half now, and my Auntie hasn't been round for about 7 years.
To be totally honest, I dislike my Auntie so much, I can't talk to her because she is a really nasty person.

Basically what is getting to me is the fact my Nan is always round my Aunties, she never seems to be able to find time to come and see her other 2 grandchildren, yet she can with my 2 cousins.

My birthday last year for instance, my Auntie didn't even give me a phone call to say happy birthday. This year, I'm having a party, and I'm reluctant to invite her, because she will only ruin it like she did with my Dads 40th.

I'm on the verge of not bothering with that side of the family anymore, I dont see why I should when she can't be bothered to even say hello.

Any advice?
K xx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:09 pm

I forgot to say that they both only live a 5 minute walk away from me. So really, there isn't any excuses.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby MelodyLinn » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:53 pm

Hiya Smiler.

I was in almost the same postion as you. Things were very rough between my dads side. We would try & be nice to them but they were always horrible & never came to see us. I have over 20 cousins and 5 aunts & uncles, most of which i have never ever met.

It's sad to say this, as they are your family, but I would leave them to it. Let them get on with their lives & you get on with yours. I don't think things would ever be great, or even ok between you & your dads side. Things like family issues never resolve.

There is also probably something from the past for a reason for them to stay away from your dads family. As with mine.

If they don't want to be part of your life then don't try. They aren't worth it. You always have your mums side, and that's good enough for me so may be good enough for you. It isn't your fault, they just don't see how you feel...& it isn't fair that they do not see you yet see your cousins.

I hope I have helped.

Love & Peace,

MelodyLinn :roll:
You don't miss your water til the well runs dry
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:47 am

Yes I think your probably right MelodyLinn, and that thought has crossed my mind many times.
As much as I dont want to say it, I'm moving on and leaveing them to get on with their cushty lives.

I know I probably sound harsh, but I dont see why I should bother, if they dont.

K xx
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby MelodyLinn » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:02 pm

Hiya.

I'm glad you are moving on & getting on with your life.

You are not being harsh at all. It's their fault & their loss.

I wish you all the best for the future.

Love & Peace as always,

MelodyLinn :roll:
You don't miss your water til the well runs dry
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sovs » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:50 pm

I wouldnt give them the time of day.
Get on with your life and be happy, people like that are not worth it.
Hope you have a nice birthday next week :D

Sovs :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:42 am

Thank you sovs, I will. I'm not going to let them spoil my birthday, if they want to wish me happy birthday, it's up to them no. If they dont, it's not going to bother me.

Thanks again!
K xxxx :D
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sovs » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:04 pm

Good for you.
We all have enough worry, with out being bothered by people like that :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:48 am

Yep, completely right. I know they are family, but if they want to be like that, go ahead. As far as I'm conderned, she isn't my Auntie anymore, she was never there for me.

6 days till my birthday :D
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...