Blabbermouthed flatmate

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Blabbermouthed flatmate

Postby rammsteinrainbow » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:18 am

I am seriously annoyed with my flatmate. A week ago I told him I was bisexual and asked him to keep it quiet as I wanted to tell our other flatmate when I was ready. So, I go home for the weekend, and when I return I discover he blabbed to the other girl. That I could handle, but then I find out he's blabbed to all his mates as well. I'm really hurt he did that. My sexuality is not something he can go announcing to all the world. I havent told him how I feel as I'm not sure how to tell him. Any ideas? I was thinking of crying my eyes out, to make him feel guilty, but then I would feel guilty for making him feel guilty. Help!
rammsteinrainbow
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby X_Smiler_X » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:20 am

When you tell someone something, and ask them to keep it to themselves, they should do. What your flatmate did to you was very nasty.
I think you should sit him down and tell him how you feel about the fact he has told these people, when you asked him not to. And ask him why he did it too, thats the main question.

I'm sensing you wanted to tell them yourself, in your own way, so I can understand why you feel annoyed about it, because I know if it comes from your own mouth, you can express it how you want to.

Hope all goes well, Much love xxx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:33 am

Do you know what i would do? Wait until both flatmates are about and then in a very straight direct way, tell him that you dont appreciate your private life being broadcast to everybody without your permission, that he has really upset you and let you down and you want an apology. Tell him that you really trusted him and he has broken that trust it will take a while to get that back. Then wait and see what he has to say or just go out for a while. When you get back i am sure he will be grovelling!

In the meantime, try not to worry about everyone knowing i am sure that they are all ok about it.

Dont go mad at him (so you wont feel guilty or have a big row) just make sure that he understands how you feel and that you will not put up with things like that.

Good luck i hope you can sort things out.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to And the rest...