I love him, but he likes my mate, but he's a creep

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I love him, but he likes my mate, but he's a creep

Postby deb_00 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:25 pm

A guy at work who I've liked for ages came to my house when I had a party. I got very drunk and ended up getting myself into the situation where I was in bed with him. Obviously he tried it on and I ended up losing my virginity to him, something which i completely regret.
He then proceeded to pretend it never happened which I thought would suit me fine seen as I didn't want anyone to know that I'd done it, but I found that it actually hurt that he didn't seem to care about how I was feeling or anything.
We met up again on a night out and I ended up going back to his house and doing stuff with him again. This time though, he had a girlfriend, a girl I knew but didn't like - regardless I know I was completely out of order but I do feel as though I was taken advantage of again. Because his parents and older brother were in, I actually had to climb out of his window at 7am so noone would find me. Again I am not proud of this, but I didn't know where the guy lived as I'd been drunk and it'd been very dark when we'd walked there the night before. I had to find my way to a bus stop and he didn't even text or ring me to check I was ok, even though Id never been anywhere near his house before!!! I was wandering aimlessly for about an hour before I eventually found a bus stop.
Anyway, he broke up with his girlfriend and is now trying to get with one of my best mates, and it's so obvious that I'm in love with him. He treats me like rubbish sometimes but at the end of the day he speaks to me and is nice and pleasant and I don't want a relationship, I just want him to want me the way he wants my mate, its almost like an obcession, I don't know any other way to describe it, and as much as I want the feeling to go away, I can't stop thinking about him 24/7. I'm jealous of my friend, but I'm also wary for her because I know that he wouldn't think twice about cheating on her and I can't get this message across without appearing jealous.

I would love anyone's advice, constructive or none, and if anyone else knows what its like to feel this way then please reply, it's on my mind absolutely all the time.
deb_00
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby saz » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:09 pm

Hi deb. You have not done this bloke ANY favours in this post - reread it and pretend that someone else has written it. He sounds like a complete idiot and not someone i would want to even be friends with.

I know it is hard when you really fall for someone, especially when they dont reciprocate your feelings but the way he has treated you really is appaling. He has no respect for you at all and the more you carry on like this, the worse you are going to feel.

Unfortunately people like him seem to thrive on attention from women and maybe get enjoyment out of being treated like gods gift and treating people badly. He wont change his behaviour because he is enjoying things the way they are so the only way out of this is for you to change the way you behave towards him.

You know that all this isn't healthy for you and you need to start trying to get him out of your system. See him for the selfish disrespectful person he really is. Tell your friend exactly how he treats people i am sure if she knows how he has treated you she will run a mile.

Unfortunately in this life there comes a time when you dont always get picked for things, or you are jealous because you want what someone else has. These feelings will ruin your good friendship and you may regret it later on.

Get your glad rags on and have a girly night out (or a girly night in!)- you will have a great time and put him out of your mind for a while. You deserve to be treated with respect and there will be a bloke out there who will treat you like a princess without question. Good luck
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:08 pm

Im siding with Saz on this one - he sounds very stupid
He doesnt deserve to be fallen in love with by someone like you.
Forget about him
U can find better

Love
Vlad
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Mr.L » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:55 pm

True say, youv'e had enough stick of off him.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...