alone and wondering............forever?!?!?!?!?

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

alone and wondering............forever?!?!?!?!?

Postby LL » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:46 am

i am 23, 24 on the 5th feb, i never had a gf
i still a virgin, only ever had one gf an i met her online and she lived in the states, i dont recomend long distance unless u can afford it
i am getting lonlier adn lonlier,
i dont quite know how to put all this into word but i will try...

i am lonly even though i am not, i am surrounded by friends but all around me ppl are coupling up
i sit there i try to go out hav fun, i go out i party but i always end up sulking or sitting alone and feeling sorry for my self, i know thats not ganna help me any
i do that wether i ha da drink or not, the drink just makes it worst
i do want some one
ppl say be my self but i am mean and evil in the comedic stylings of my self, ok i dont just abuse ppl but i say whats on my mind and every one around me things im funny
lol
i can be kind, i can be easy goin
but stil i end up alone feeling sorry for my self
no one wants me
no one at all
LL
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby misatok11 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:50 am

Staying in isnt an answer neither is self loathing. Get yourself out and seen. Dont drink too much and have a laugh. Chat to women, you will be surprised how many will actually give you the time of day.

If you continue to stay in and wonder what the future holds it will pass you by and you will regret it. Just because you want a relationship doesnt mean you will get one straight away. It took me 4 years after my last GF before i had another and now i am married.

These things can take time. Just be you, dont try and pressure yourself.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:26 pm

Your outlook on life and low opinion of yourself is probably obvious to women and this may be why you have difficulty meeting someone. Also, meeting in pubs and clubs is not always ideal as people drink too much and things can seem out of proportion. Sulking and sitting in a corner is not going to attract people towards you, giving out a positive atmosphere will. Feeling sorry for yourself is also a turn off for women, they want someone who is interested in them, confident in themselves and interesting.

Try getting out doing other things that you enjoy and give yourself more respect. I am sure you are a nice person you need to let other people see that side of you too. When people make fun of others it is often because they are feeling insecure themselves. Next time you want to say something, try and restrain yourself this will make you seem much more approachable too.

Being a virgin isn't a bad thing, because when you do meet someone it will be really special not just another notch on the bedpost. A lot of women would find this endearing
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Beckyt » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:25 pm

Hi ya

Getting into a relationship takes time and I think you really need to work on the self confidence as many of the others have said. The thing about being mean to people to make others laugh doesn't always work especially when you're trying to make people see that they can trust you and be with you on a deeper level. Ok everyone has a laff at other people's expense from time to time you just have to judge whether it's the time or the place. Nerves can make you act like this but try to control it . Some people don't like the full on comedy act when they've just met you. You do have to be yourself but sometimes it takes just a little bit more effort when you're meeting new people to get yourself off on the right footing.
About losing your virginity. Whats the rush? I'm sure you're not the only 23 yr old lad that will admit that he's never had sex and only had one other girlfriend. In fact in todays society preserving your virginity is an achievement! Not all relationships are based on sex. Good things come to those that wait. My boyfriend is 21 and he's only ever been with me and he's not complaining. I know it's a big thing but when your time comes you will reap the rewards.
I'm a miserable anti social person sometimes because I have been hurt by people before but I have learnt that not everyone will treat you badly and if you make the effort to be kind and happy around people, friends come flocking back and people want to be around you.
Keep trying, the lonliness will go once you make a positive step to make little changes. Go for it!
Don't worry be happy!!!
Beckyt
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby cheese100 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:48 pm

hi
I strongly belive there is a person for everyone you just have to find them.Try to go to places where you could meet them more so you can find them sooner but dont worry your time will come some people are just quicker and they usually end up with the wrong person anyway.good luck cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...