Is what i did so bad?

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is what i did so bad?

Postby sarahc » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:05 pm

Briefing: I have an older sister (35) with 3 children under 6 (2 of which are school age) which my mother looks after every Monday (from 1.30 - 5) because she has gone back to work on a part time basis. We "share" our mother so she sees my sister on a Monday and Friday and me on a Tuesday and Thursday. My mother sees me because i suffer with agoraphobia and i'm unable to go out alone, so she takes me shopping and to appointments that i have. I do have a husband but he can't drive, so for a agoraphoic, not the best person to have in a car IF you start panicking, you need someone to be able to take over driving.
So...this is the *problem*...

I've been having terrible terrible tooth pain and i can honestly say it was worse than childbirth. I was refered to a clinic then they told me it was going to be 6 months waiting on the NHS, so i went back to the denitsts so they could refer me to a sedation clinic. I was given an appointment on a Monday (which i changed because of it being my mothers baby sitting day for me siter despite being in chronic agony) so then they made it for Friday. I got 9/10ths of the way there and we got stuck in nose to tail traffic so i called them and said i might be late and 5 minutes later it became apparent that there was no way we were going to make it. Whilst on the phone they offered me another appointment for today, which of course is a Monday, but this time i took it purely because i was in agony and desperate.

This has caused unbelievable trouble. My sister has been saying i am doing this for attention and WHY did i have to take the appointment TODAY on HER DAY (i'd already cancelled one on a Monday). She's been saying i am selfish and that i have really put her out. My sister also has a habit of only telling people half stories and it seems like she wants me to sound really bad to her friends and family.

Have i really done something THAT bad?

Sarah.
Last edited by sarahc on Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sarahc
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby bellajennie » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:12 pm

Oh my God! I think this is ridiculous behaviour on the part of your sister. She knows you can't go out alone and have terrible tooth ache. I think that you should just concentrate on getting better as it seems to be causing you a lot of stress and pain.

Your family are supposed to support each other. I don't think you have done a thing wrong- you have caused a little rearrangement in the day-to-day runnings but i think every family EXPECTS that.

Don't worry.

Jen x x x
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby wordsofwisdom » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:05 pm

I think you both need to grow up -

"share" your mother? - ive never heard anything so tragic.

you've had a problem , so your sister should bend a little and cut you some slack......
wordsofwisdom
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sarahc » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:11 pm

Cheers for that!
sarahc
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Siblings