Worst Birthday!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Worst Birthday!

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:49 am

My birthday is coming up, and it's got to be the worst date anyone could want for their birthday. Yes, it's 9/11 - when the twin towers went down. How did everyone feel about that day? It's kinda ruined my birthday each year now, cos whenever I look on the TV, it's the "anniversary" :x
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby TANLADIE » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:09 am

I knew a person who was killed in the attacks. My next door neighbours son Ollie.

I had a phone call from my next door neighbours son just as 2nd plane hit to say he couldn't get hold of his parents.
We were having a normal conversation when he started shouting "I gotta go,I gotta go.
We're being attacked or something.
Tell Mom and dad that I love them".
Then the phone line went dead.I tried to ring him back but when I put the tv on I knew why he had to go.

I will never forget that phone call,it's the worst one I have ever had and probably will have.
I lived next door to Ollie for 14 years.He moved to America 5 years ago when he was 21 for his new job.
I still cry when 9/11 is mentioned.
It takes thousands of people to ruin the world but just one to start making it better!
TANLADIE
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:19 am

I'm very sorry to hear that, must be awful for you. It's just a bad memory I'm going to have to live with for a long time really.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bubble » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:45 am

I was in america on holiday the time it happened. It truly was awful. However it was good to see the american people pulling together, and uniting.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:37 pm

Yes it is good to see them pulling together. Still, it's one of those things that wont ever leave ya mind [-o<
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Chit Chat