Sister's Very Overweight

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sister's Very Overweight

Postby Angelcake_Angel » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:05 am

Hey,

My sister is 23 and over weight, She has a unhealthy life style and doesn't ever walk anywhere 'cos she drives everywhere, My family have tried mentioning to her before maybe she should go on a diet and they say this without tryna hurt her feelings, but it always turned into a heated fighted and she goes running off to her boyfriend so anyways she eats rubbish - My mum cooks healthy stuff such as vegatables but in a way my sister makes it unhealthy or stuffs herself with rubbish after and she drinks aswel, the other day she has been having pains in her heart she went to the doctors and the doctor said she has high blood pressure, could that be due to being over weight? I mean if the doctor said I had high blood pressure that would ring alarm bells for me but she seem to not really care. I really wish she could see herself in the mirror, I aint being nasty but she looks awful, she's a stunning girl but her body looks so uncomftable.

Any sugguestions on what else we could try? :-?
Angelcake_Angel
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby JennaXXX » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:50 am

At the end of the day it has to be her that wants to lose weight. I think you should talk to her when shes calm and explain that you are worried about her health.
Suggest that you exercise together or maybe find out what other fitness classes are going on in your area.
You should try and turn it into a fun thing that you can both do together.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Catherine » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:33 pm

yeah definatley, you can advise your sis on what to do but at the end of the day she's the one that has to make the decisions for herself. have you ever suggested maybe doing things tgether, like walking or swimming or making healthy food together? that way its so much fun and you can have a rigt laugh together, also your sis wont feel completely on her own? yep? x
www.catherinewaddilove.piczo.com

You got the touch so gentle and sweet
But you've got that look so critical
Catherine
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Siblings