My Brother...

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My Brother...

Postby PurePurple » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:37 pm

Ok My brother is 17 and in college, Im 13

I thought he would have grown up by now, because he's going to learn to drive, but he is driving me mad!

He will come into a room that i am in, and he will hit me or annoy me or constantly repeat one word, it annoys me to death, and when i tell my parents they tell him to stop, but then he goes and blames it on me! Like he whispers 'Yeah stop it' or something like that..

Also, If i shout because he's hurting me, he will go 'Stop it before Mum/Dad get mad' And its him that is making me shout!

He's so immature, he is meant to be 17 not 5.

I mean sometimes he can be really nice, and you can sit and have a chat with him, he always solves my problems for me, but why can't he be like that all the time? i just don't understand, In general he will let you borrow CD's and he will solve all the computer problems etc..but at times he can be so annoying..

Help!!

Purple
xxxx
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jess1234 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:08 pm

Hey he sound like my brother! Except mine is 13 not 17 and is always like it! Do you have a lock on your door? If so ban him from going into your room! Try telling your parents what he's doing. At the age of 17 he should know better! Not very good advice i know! Hope things improve!
Jess xxxxx
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby PurePurple » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:44 pm

Ive got a lock on the outisde, I used to have a Key for it..
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misskrystal » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:35 pm

When he's annoying or upsetting you, spend as little time with him as possible; when he comes into a room, leave. If he talks to you, answer quickly and walk away.

From what you say, you otherwise have quite a good relationship and he's just being a little immature. If he cares (and I think he does) he'll be hurt that you're avoiding him and will have a chat with you. When he does, tell him exactly what you've just told us.

He should, hopefully, realise the way he has treated you (which he probably doesn't realise now) and stop. If not, you're just going to have to avoid him in these moods until he matures a little.
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Liquidius » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:49 am

Brothers are there to be annoying, even if they are 17. Play him at his own game, he'll soon get bored if he realises that he's not annoying you anymore.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby N i k k i » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:44 am

What i do is when they start saying stupid comments just carry on with what you are doing and act as if you cannot hear him, show no reaction that way he will get bored and move away.
If he is hitting you then do the same unless it really hurts then hit him back, and make joke of it until he gets bored. He will not be happy that you are annoying him more now that he is trying to annoy you.
N i k k i
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby brfc » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:56 am

if u show him that hes not getting too u he,ll soon get bored. he feeds of the reaction he gets from u. when he doesnt get one he,ll soon go away and bother someone else.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:03 pm

yeah see thats always been my problem but with my big sister. if they see your getting wound up by it they will do it more because they love to know they are winding you up and making you angry. so the best thing you can do is try to avoid him when hes in one of those moods and try not to show hes winding you up. the last one is very hard to do i know.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:22 pm

Ah, brothers, gotta love 'em (or something :roll: ). Like everyone else has said, he's just trying to get a rise out of you, and if you don't react then winding you up isn't fun.

My brother is 26 and still thinks winding me up is fun - and I don't even live with him. Apparently they do grow out of it, but I've not had first hand experience of that myself.

At least from all these replies you can see you're not alone, Purple!
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Siblings