Impending tense situation

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Impending tense situation

Postby Rogue » Tue May 30, 2006 3:15 pm

Previously on Rogue's life:
Rogue (that's me!) had been living with Charlie for several years, while harbouring a secret crush on best friend Jack, who was living with his partner Kate (might as well stick with the Lost theme). Unbeknown to Rogue, Jack was also hiding feelings for her, to the point that he took a job at the other end of the country to get away from Rogue and try and work things out with Kate. That plan didn't work as Jack was so miserable Kate got sick of it and dropped him. So, Jack left the job and went back to stay with Rogue and Charlie.

Meanwhile, Rogue was having problems with Charlie because they wanted different things out of life and she couldn't see a future with him any more. Upon confessing these worries to Jack, Jack proclaimed that he was deeply in love with Rogue and wanted to marry her.

So, Jack and Rogue told Charlie how they felt. Charlie was a jolly good sport about the whole thing and Jack and Rogue lived happily ever after for at least the next week and a half :D.

And now for this weeks episode:

Well, when you go and do a crazy thing like that you have to expect a bit of fallout. Me and Jack are great, Charlie is 'coping' I suppose would be the best word, and the three of us are pretty much trying to get back to normal and do the usual friend things we all did together. But of course there are these big social events that come up every now and then which involve having all the people you'd rather not see at a time like this in the same place at the same time. Worse still, in the same car for 4 hours!

So, we're all going to a wedding in a few weeks, and that's right, me, Jack, Charlie and Kate are all going in the same car. Oh joys. That's going to be a fun drive. But wait, that's not all!

Another male friend of ours has been acting really weird since we told him the news and has barely said anything to Jack. He's also told me that he hasn't been sleeping well, and before he found out about this he used to make jokes about me moving in with him when I had fights with Charlie, which Jack thinks points towards him having a crush on me. Agghh! Do I have a bloke magnet or something? Anyway, I in no way shape or form have any feelings beyond friendship for this other guy, but this does add to the already heavily thick tension of the big wedding trip. Not to mention all the questions that everyone else who knows us will have when we get there.

I would really rather stay home and avoid the whole thing, but it's two friends' big day and it would be really unfair on them to miss it, so I have to go. Any survival tips for something like this? Anyone ever had to sit around a table with their ex-fiance who isn't entirely over them, their new beau, the new beau's ex, and another guy who possibly has a crush on them? :o
Rogue
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Friends