Another room

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Another Room?

Yes
15%
No
60%
Doesn't bother me
25%

Total votes : 20

Another room

Postby Mr.L » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:02 pm

Is there anyway we could have a forum for more adult issues? A forum where we could talk about more adult ,as it were, issues? Should we have one? I think so
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby all_apologies » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:04 pm

The moderators have considered this in the past. However, the idea has been brushed aside for a few reasons. The main one being that we want the most focus to be on the problem forums as this is a problem page site. Along with this, we aim to make the site as family-friendly as possible, so more adult issues may not be appropriate for our younger users. A third reason is the close moderation that would be needed, and the likelihood of arguments.

It may be an idea for you to check out other forums dedicated specifically to issues you're interested in.

Any more comments and suggestions are of course welcome, was just letting you know our existing thoughts on the matter.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr.L » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:34 pm

ok sorry for the outrage i feel a bit ... dumb. Anyway family friendly yes but there could be a disclaimer or just a warning? It is a problem site and some problems involve things whcih arent always suitable for children. But i feel we have more mature and more adult members here anyway? The under 16's have their own section?

You could suggest other sites but i am used and generally like this one.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby peecee » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:56 pm

Hi, Mr. L - I'm asking - not as a mod, but as a PPer :P - what subjects do you have in mind?

Bearing in mind that we have no way to stop young people accessing any thread they like on this forum, what would you like to see here that you can't see on other websites?
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Moose » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:01 pm

I was going to ask that too, Peecee. Are you talking about adult-type problems, or general talk about adult subjects? Personally I feel PP is pretty good for discussing a wide range of problems, and the only things we're not allowed to do is go into graphic detail or post graphic pictures. But if anyone wanted to do that, I suppose they could take it to PM if they wanted to.

So yeah, a bit more info on what you're talking about would be good, then I'll cast my vote!
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Pwif » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:50 pm

I'd like to know what sort of issues you are interested in. PP, as I understand it, is about normal/general/family/young issues. What sort of issues do you think wouldn't fit in these categories?
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:58 pm

I was going to say what if you restricted it to only people who know about adult issues, How the heck we're suppost to work that out I dont know. Although I would have thought adult/children issues fitted into family issues.

Although, Now I've actually read the posts made, You could just have a young persons space, as there are more adults here (Says me who's 14) who would know about young peoples' issues.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:52 pm

I personally don't think an adult forum would fit very well onto this site. As Peecee has already said, even with a disclaimer there is nothing to stop a young child looking at the adult part of the site, it only takes the blame off us for them doing so. Yes it is very true that we have an under 16s part of the site but I think you'll find that if an adult looks at that part of the site they won't become offended by the material which would be the case if a young'un looked at the adult part.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Mr.L » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:31 pm

Im not saying adult as in dirty things lol

Hmmm i spose this is going nowhere just i mena topics that would get banned easily? Not perhaps because they offend just what they deal with. Dont worry i wont win but im sure Fidel would like one too...
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby all_apologies » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:35 pm

If you mean adult problems, i.e. more graphic posts etc then I think I misinterpreted your original post.

However, it seems to me that you're hoping for a forum where, for instance, possibly offensive topics and arguments would be allowed. If this is the case then I think you'd be better off going to other forums, as this really isn't what this site is intended for! We're open to all different subjects being dicussed in the chit chat forum, so long as they are respectful of the age, diversity and vulnerability of all of our members.

Perhaps if you gave examples of things you'd like to see discussed in this adult forum we'd be able to answer better.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fidel » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:22 pm

Mr.L wrote: Dont worry i wont win but im sure Fidel would like one too...

Thanks for having my say for me :P haha
yeah, I think it's a good idea. Too often things are deleted for being too graphic.
If you make it at the reader's discretion then everything is fine, if they read something that offends them then they chose to read it.
People do need help with graphic problems sometimes, so it's unfair to penalise them
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby peecee » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:49 pm

Mr.L wrote:Im not saying adult as in dirty things lol

Hmmm i spose this is going nowhere just i mena topics that would get banned easily? Not perhaps because they offend just what they deal with. Dont worry i wont win but im sure Fidel would like one too...

em - I'm wondering why this should be a case of "winning" or "losing"??

Tell us what you want, we'll tell you why it's a good/bad idea.

sorted. :P
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pwif » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:53 pm

I think that this PP website works very well for the individuals posting on it, and most people are happy with it. If there are more explicit or controversial websites required by some members, why don't they set up their own websites for these specific topics? It's not difficult to set up a website, and then the members will be able to control the content and who posts what. I have developed my own website. This works well for me and anyone interested in posting in it.
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:00 am

I agree we have a wide ranging audience of differing age groups. We manage to tackle most problems well and the old adage "If it aint broke dont fix it" is true.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Catherine » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:49 pm

this is one for all the mods....i think PP is great. I really dont think you should change it. the reason why its nice is because you handle all the problems really well. so what is there to improve? nothing, i think its fine the way it is. and besides there is alot of ppers that have been here for a while and could feel left out if there was another room for just over 18 or slightly explicit...if you know what i mean.

anyway after that rant...blah blah blah....i think PP is great the way it is.

x x x

(but was a cool idea Mr.L, so make another website and im sure you'll find some PP'ers in there x x x x)
www.catherinewaddilove.piczo.com

You got the touch so gentle and sweet
But you've got that look so critical
Catherine
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Next

Return to Forum Support