Should I tell him...

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Should I tell him...

Postby Shineyandhappy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:55 am

Hey,

Ok, So I've been going out with my boyfriend for about 8 months now and I think it's going really, really well, we've told each other we love each other and I've never felt this way about anyone before.

So that's all good and well.....now when I was 16 I developed an eating disorder which gradually escalated out of control and for pretty much four years I was quite ill....(I'm 21 now), Although I'm aware I no longer look like I have an eating disorder and I am back to a healthy weight, it's not something that just disapears, at least with me it hasn't, I don't know if that's normal, so although I eat OK and everything, it's still on my mind a lot, y'know, obvious stuff, I think I'm fat, should I be eating so much, why don't I look like her...etc...it doesn't sound like such a big deal, but it's amazing how much time thinking these thoughts can occupy, and equally amazing how much time restraining myself from going further down that road again...

Ok, so now I've rambled and y'know a little of my life, do I tell my boyfriend anything about this? It's never came up before and I didn't want to tell him initially because, well, a lot of people think eating disorders are 'stupid' and I guess I was scared of how he'd react. Now I've left it so long though, I've kinda turned it into a big thing in my head....I was really, really underweight and although I admitted it to only my closest friend, I'm fairly confident that most people who came into contact with me over those four years could have worked out what was goiin on with ease, therefore a lot of people know about it really...

I do kinda fel I should tell him, if not only coz it still is a big thing, and I would want to know if the situation were reversed, but would he really care that much or would it be a case of him thinking 'well, ok, but why you telling me that?'. Also my friend who suffered a similar disorder told her boyfriend and said he just thought she was stupid and then had forgotten about it a few days later, I know my boyfriend isn't necessaril gonna react like that, but I'm not sure how impressed i'd be if he did.....

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any advice and I know I've rambled soooo much so sorry :p

xx
Shineyandhappy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives