Losing my patience....

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Losing my patience....

Postby PurePurple » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:54 am

....With my brother!!
He came in just now and said "I'm going to get my dinner Beth bye" So I said OK, and he wouldnt leave or stop pulling my hair till I said bye.
I tried ignoring the pulling of my hair for a while, and I lost it and pushed him away..
He then called me a "Fat Lump" and grabbed my stomach :evil:
So I slapped him and he walked away..

Im slowly losing it.. He only does it when my parents arent home (Like Now)
Im utterly losing it with him, I hate it so much :evil: :evil: Again, he's meant to be 17 not 5!!
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Well, Sound like me and my sister

Postby Redshift » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:53 pm

She is 19 and acts like she is 5, don't lose u patience he think because he is older then you, he should be able to do anything he wants, and control you so just try and don't lose ur temper and he will slowly leave u alone and get bored.
The Girl I Love (Avatar)

Redshift
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jo troupette » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:34 am

Hey,
Absolutely, I agree with redshift and he probably feels like he can push you around because your his "little" sister. Do what redshift says and just try to ignor it for now, but it might be for another reason, and you may laugh...

Maybe its his way of showing affection? I know it might sound a bit wierd but he's 17 and you're both goin your own ways now, so you wont be with each other 24/7 and I know you probably haven't been for a few years now but as your [b]starting[/b] to want to have absolute independence, he's had it for a while and is realising the increasing gap between you both. All this pushing and pulling of hair, and stomach prodding etc, might just be him wanting to have that close feeling again??? Ignore me if you think I'm mad, but it's a possibility. I dont mean that the names and such are excused because thats just imature and unneccessary!

Just let the insults glide over your head and think "I'm better that that" and as for the pushing, maybe you could make some sort of effort to show him that he's still a big part in your life, or spend an evening with him, show an interest in what he's doing. Just give it a go and see if he loosens up a bit with you. When he's trhowing one of his hissy fits and pulling your hair, take a step away and say "Excuse me, please can you stop that." in a really calm voice and walk away, because I bet you any money that'll wake him up in a morning!

Keep us posted.
Jo. xoxox
We have two ears, one for hearing and one for actually listening. Remember, chin up and just keep smiling! :-)
Jo troupette
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Moose » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:16 pm

Jo troupette wrote: Maybe its his way of showing affection? I know it might sound a bit wierd but he's 17 and you're both goin your own ways now, so you wont be with each other 24/7 and I know you probably haven't been for a few years now but as your starting to want to have absolute independence, he's had it for a while and is realising the increasing gap between you both. All this pushing and pulling of hair, and stomach prodding etc, might just be him wanting to have that close feeling again??? Ignore me if you think I'm mad, but it's a possibility. I dont mean that the names and such are excused because thats just imature and unneccessary!

Just let the insults glide over your head and think "I'm better that that" and as for the pushing, maybe you could make some sort of effort to show him that he's still a big part in your life, or spend an evening with him, show an interest in what he's doing. Just give it a go and see if he loosens up a bit with you. When he's trhowing one of his hissy fits and pulling your hair, take a step away and say "Excuse me, please can you stop that." in a really calm voice and walk away, because I bet you any money that'll wake him up in a morning!

Keep us posted.
Jo. xoxox

I think Jo is talking loads of sense here. I used to be like you, Purple, and I'd get so wound up by my brother's idiotic behaviour that I once had a screaming hissy fit and ran off up the road and disappeared for hours. That shut him up and he was worried sick, but I wouldn't recommend that one because it's not very clever (I was 14, same as you). My brother was like yours, and would push me about, punch me and give me a dead arm, call me names, read my diary ( :evil: ), and generally act like a donkey. But when we actually did stuff together like going out on our bikes, or later when he'd take me for a drive, we got on pretty well. As Jo says, maybe he's a bit worried about losing you as you mature and find yourself a bit more.

Unfortunately, my brother is still a bit of a donkey, but in a different way. Someone suggested to me the other day that he acts like he does (driving my car very very fast, acting up, showing off, among lots of other family stuff far too boring to go into now) because he wants to impress me (I know what you're thinking - those things I listed are so impressive :roll: not) and at first I thought yeah right. But maybe there is truth in it. Maybe our brothers are scared of losing the family as it once was, and they feel the need to regress to how they were when they were 5 to get it back.

Let me know if you ever work it out!
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby PurePurple » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:43 am

We used to stuff together like riding our bikes, but since his broke he hasn't rode it since, and we've slowly drifted apart now hes involved in his job(s) and things. The only time he does go out is doing his paper round.

(He also read my diary :evil: )
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Siblings