BOYS

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

BOYS

Postby Jo troupette » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:12 pm

Hey,

I have a habit of talking for Britain so I'll get to the point :-)

I cant talk to boys!
I find it really, really hard to talk to boys without thinking that either they're judging me, or they are trying to make a move on me or they're thinking about how awful I look or how horrible a person I am and I just get really embarassed! I go SO red when ever I get a rush of embarassment or anything like that so it's obvious to them too!

I'm 13 and most of my friends have been out with boys and have megga crushes and fancy people thath they know fancy them, and I have never been out with anyone. Maybe there's something wrong with me. I'm not saying that I dont find boys and such attractive, because I'm week at the knees just thinking about Leonardo DeCaprio! lol! But I cant be normal when talkin to them.

It's really annoying, and I must admit, although some guys my age are kinda hot, they're all so annoying and I'd never go out with any of them!

Is this normal? Is it odd to be this self consious when talking to boys? I would really love a true relationship with a boy who liked me as much as me him, but I know that's asking for a lot at this age, but no one seems to show much of an interest anyway! Any experiences from anyone else?

Thanks for any replies. I really appreciate it.

Jo. xoxox
We have two ears, one for hearing and one for actually listening. Remember, chin up and just keep smiling! :-)
Jo troupette
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Fidel » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:55 am

talk about football, armies etc
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby PurePurple » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:43 am

Hiya Jo, I find that a problem too. I have a mega crush on someone and had his MSN (Until he blocked me!) But I just couldn't talk to him.
I think the main thing is (Like Fidel Said) talk to them about boy stuff, but don't go back to the same thing over and over..

And don't talk to them about your personal life [-X :P

xxxx
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LME79 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:36 am

I recommend just being yourself but show an interest in interests too. Hope that makes sense, I've only had three hours sleep! :lol:
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby Jo troupette » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:20 am

Ta peeps, I'm glad I'm not the only one! lol
yeah, I should probably be myself more, and not worry, but its harder said than done! Especially when you cant see anything to like about yourself! I ges I'll give these a go, and see what happens, I cant expect guys to be interested in girls stuff, can I!

Thanks, i dont feel alienated now.
Jo. xoxox
We have two ears, one for hearing and one for actually listening. Remember, chin up and just keep smiling! :-)
Jo troupette
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby JennaXXX » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:55 pm

I agree with what everyone else has to say but also wanted to point out that you are only 13. You are so young and have so much time for boyfriends. Dont worry about what your friends are doing just do what feels right for you xxxxxx
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Okay

Postby Redshift » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:17 pm

Right then, one your 13 don't worry about all your friend they proablly have had huge crushes bla bla bla, but don't worry once you find someone that you like your will start to talk to them I know I did and then I realxed around girls, and now I am talking to everyone freely, don't be in a hurry to grown up and get BF's
The Girl I Love (Avatar)

Redshift
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Moose » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:30 pm

No offence intended to any 13 year old boys reading this but.....

Hands up how many girls here had a relationship (a good one) with a boy when they were 13?

My friend's son is 12 and a half, and he is such a little kid still - and so he should be. He has 'girlfriends' but they're really just girls who are his mates. They never really see each other out of school: he's too busy playing WOW or hanging around with his boy mates in the park or whatever.

I can't believe that boys you talk to are thinking "That Jo is SUCH a horrible person" when they talk to you. They're probably thinking "What's for tea?" "What can I say next?" "Has she noticed the huge spot on my nose??"

It's not just you. If you have a look around the site, you'll see loads of people posting about not being able to talk to people they fancy, or generally people of the opposite sex. You are NOT alone! And not having had a boyfriend at 13 does NOT make you a freak, and there is nothing wrong with you. Really.

And your friends who have had boyfriends: how long were these relationships? Were they the sort of relationships you'd want to be in? Try to just chill out and have a laugh with people you meet: boys and girls. The rest will all follow.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Thx Moose

Postby Redshift » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:39 pm

That what I ment to say lol well I think I did just in fewer words :)
The Girl I Love (Avatar)

Redshift
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby PurePurple » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:46 am

Moose wrote:Hands up how many girls here had a relationship (a good one) with a boy when they were 13?

Me, Actually.... Lasted a couple o months.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:09 am

i'm with purple mine lasted on and off for five-six years and he still contacts me every now and then.

but most 13 year old boys are fairly immature (no offence)!
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Ogadai » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:01 pm

don't get so worried about it, i'm in the same position jst the pther way around, plus i have not long moved house and school! so i'm probably worse ff than u! there are many girls that i find it hard 2 talk to but once you get to know them it's fine and i'm sure you'll find the right person eentually, there's always 2 people in this world made for each other, it's just my problem is even worse than yours! i'm on girlfiend boyfriend, moving relationships.
Time. Time is an artificial construct. An arbitrary system based on the idea that events occur in a linear direction at all times. Always forward, never back. Is the concept of time correct? Is time relevant?
Ogadai
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby xbeanbabyx » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:58 pm

I think you should try boosting your own self - esteem a little more. The paranoia is what is causing all these problems about not being able to talk to guys right ??
So write a list of all the good points about yourself ?? Look in the mirror and say these to yourself everyday. May seem stupid at first - but in time it works. Try thinking positively about everything - that helps too.

Hays xo
xbeanbabyx
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:21 am

Lol...I'm 13 too and I can talk to boys okay...only I'm a little self-conscious sometimes. It's normal. :)
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby thisgirlsammy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:29 pm

well im 15... and in my experiance it is sooo much better when youu get to know a lad as a friend first! because they always end up in a long term relationship... because youu get to know what their interests are and what they are like. my longest relationship was for 2 years and it was with one of my male mates, and we are still friends now! :) but to help me to talk to boys i either imagine them doing something really embarrasing, so then i dont care if i embarras myself or i pretend it is one of my family members (or someone you wouldnt go out with) so then you arent thinking whether he will be a good boyfriend ect

sammy xxx
thisgirlsammy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Next

Return to Under 16s