do you check?

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

do you check?

Postby ayeaii » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:58 pm

hello moderators. are new topics added straight away pr do they have to be reviewed by you before they will appear? if so may I ask, from curiosity, what reasons may cause you not post something you have checked?
thank you x
ayeaii
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:24 pm

Hi there. No, topics are not reviewed prior to being submitted for public viewing. However, all threads are regularly read over by the moderators (after they have been posted) and will be removed if they go against site rules. For instance, we remove any posts that are:

expressing widely offensive views (i.e. racism, homophobia etc)
airing political views
too sexually graphic
malicious attacks on other members
problems about other members
off topic
obvious hoaxes
advertising of any sort
... and so on

Furthermore, genuine posts that contain swearing or text-talk will be edited, but not removed.

You may wish to take a look at the Forum Rules. Hope that helps!
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ayeaii » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:29 pm

oh right, thank you very much! sounds like good sensible rules. :) I ask because , partly to ensure I don't do anything wrong, and partly because I believed a post a made had not appeared, it hadn't but it was because I didn't do it right.. oh well hopefully I have the hang of it now!!
thank you!
ayeaii
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Forum Support