I Hear Voices In My Sleep

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I Hear Voices In My Sleep

Postby fencepost » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:45 pm

when i get into bed and try to get to sleep something keeps me awake and late into the night i start hearing whispers, i fear them they call my name and tell me of times of pain and aguish telling me it is comeing again, whatever that is. i cry to sleep every night seeing these images manifest in my head.
I am scared please help me.
fencepost
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby gatekeeper » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:26 pm

I'm sorry to hear about it. I know how scary that can be, hearing voices. It sounds like it's extremely disruptive, if you have to cry yourself to sleep every night. Have you tried professional counselling? Has anything traumatic happened recently?
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you and I wish on a star that somewhere you are thinking of me too...
So I wait for the day and the courage to say how much I love you
gatekeeper
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby fencepost » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:27 pm

no it has been haooening since i turned 10, and my parents cosiderd counciling but they fear i will be locked up and kept for study like a pet.
fencepost
Just Landed
Just Landed

you are not alone

Postby seerah7 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:09 pm

Firstly sweetie, if you went for proffessional councelling you would deffinately not get locked up! Honestly this will not happen. Sooo many people suffer from hearing voices in their head so you are not alone. Sometimes this can be due to something underlying that has hurt you or worried you along time ago. It is important you try your best to ignore these voices because they are not real. Perhaps try listening to some music on some headphones when you try to sleep because this will drown the voices out and they may just stop. But if tou really are crying every night honey i would pluck up the courage and go to the doctors with your parents. They will not lock you up or anything like that trust me. They may refer you to a councellor, but all they want to do is make you feel better.

I hope this helps a little,
xx
seerah7
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby SunBum » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:00 am

Dont worry about it ...some of it is probably just very lucid dreams...we all have them, the rest is sometimes real interruptions like the phone or the doorbell....even when you move to places where you dont have them, you get so used to them that they still wake you up when they are not there....dreams of what you used to know compared to where you are now...my dogs still bark when they hear a doorbell on my pc but I have no doorbell on my front door !!
I still hear phones ringing in my sleep despite that they are all turned off, my mobile barks when i get a message or plays a music tune when it rings so i know what is what lol.

One thing that is scarey though is that I know from Police friends about the number of very elderly people who phone them to complain about people ringing their doorbell or knocking on their door and always usually between 0230 and 0400 in the morning...even with cameras set up no-one has ever been caught or seen on camera...just the odd hazy shadow....The Grim Reaper doing his rounds perhaps..?? That is the common thought around here.

Mark.
Want Commitment..??? Get a DOG !!!!!
SunBum
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Pipni » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:50 am

I know how you feel, I used to have nightmares I could still hear after waking up in the early hours in the morning, with images & voices still fresh in my mind, scaring me even before I went to bed.

Councelling will help, the doctors will only try to help you, not lock you up. What helped me was talking it over with my parents, and then keeping things running in my bedroon, like a low light, a ticking clock, or prehaps something electrical that hums. I found this all took my mind of the nightmares and kept me from being scared of the dark and silence.

But remember: Doctors will HELP you, and never lock you up! :)
Pipni
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Wild Sage » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:18 pm

to be honest i think you need to work out what is happening and try to listen it may be your subcontious mind trieing to tell you something.
Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
By strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
And when the borders bleed we watch with dread
The lines of ink across the map turn red.
Wild Sage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby teardrop » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:49 pm

DONT BE AFRAID.THIS IS YOUR SUB CONSIOUS MIND. WHEN YOU GO TO BED DONT EAT AFTER 8PM. HAVE A CUP OF HOT MILK OR CHOCOLATE. IF YOU HAVE HEADPHONES PLAY MUSIC OR READ A BOOK UNTILL YOU ARE FALLING ASLEEP.THINK OF NICE THINGS TOO BEFORE YOU SLEEP. X
teardrop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby peecee » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:03 pm

Bear in mind that fencepost hasn't posted since December 2006, so we hope they have got things sorted out.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Under 16s