I think I am in love with my best friend

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I think I am in love with my best friend

Postby pegasys » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:40 pm

HI,

I am need some advice on what to do.

We have been friends for about 4 years and we get on really well but she recently spilt up with her boyfriend of 3 years and I have come to the realisation I maybe in love with her, checking the major signs I am pretty sure I am. I have a funny feeling she doesn't feel the same way in fact I think she thinks of me as a brother.

The question I have is should I tell her and if I should how should I go about telling her without getting her upset

Thanks for the advice in advice
pegasys
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby sovs » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:40 am

I wouldnt say anything at the moment as she has just broken up with her long term boyfriend.
If she thinks of you like a brother it is unlikely she would want it to go further.
Think it over carefully and when the times right discuss it with her.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby pegasys » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:11 am

Thanks for the advice I am thinking about it heavily and realised that now isn't the time
pegasys
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby madbird » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:41 pm

I've felt like that about my friend for a while - i did manage to tell him after 3 years and he said he already knew, it was pretty obvious! He only thinks of me as a sister, but we're still good friends.
madbird
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends