University Blues

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

University Blues

Postby simply_a_dreamer » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:49 pm

Just wanted to create a topic for anyone, who like me is not going to uni and watching all of their friends leave around them or for those who have gone and aren't too keen.

I fit into the first category and was fine until my other half went last Sunday. Personally I'm on my gap year and not going anywhere until November. So this is my spot for those of us who well are feeling a bit left out and want someone to chat to. Vent the way you feel
simply_a_dreamer
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:46 pm

It's been my decision not to follow the route of going to university, although I still plan to study. A lot of my friends are staying in Manchester to study, and a lot of my friends are going to be studying around the country. The positive thing is that I have a few destinations for weekend breaks since I have a network of student friends!
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby misatok11 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:51 pm

Never been to uni. Joined the RAF and we get a learning grant which covvers 80% of the fee's. Doing terrorism courses and parachuting and its great.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:47 pm

I decided not to go to Uni as I didn't need to for my chosen career. My friends all went though.

I have a few regrets about not going but if I did I wouldn't have my own house, a car and a husband now!
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby fe » Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:58 pm

im meant to b goin to uni next year.all my friends are going, n its all they eva talk about!to b honest,if i didnt need it so much to have an easier life later on, i wudnt go!i suffer from panic attacks,especially wen im away from home....so goin to uni is such a scary thing to me! ive no idea what to do. in theory, id like to go, to study psychology and become a psychotherapist, but its goin to cause so much pain...im stuk!
fe
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Chit Chat