I dont like my sister

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I dont like my sister

Postby EDMANDS85 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:40 pm

i actually dont like my sister. she is selfish, moneygrabbing, she uses our parents something rotton (only ever getting in touch for money or so they can help her somehow, despite the fact that she now earns more than them), she is cruel to our brother, constantly belittling him or turning his friends against him. she manipulates every situation to come out on top and if she doesnt she just cries untill she gets her own way.

if she was still adolescent i'd overlook it, hope she would grow out of it, but she is 29 now!

i honestly cant think of one positive personality trait that she exhibits. i keep trying to get to know her better in the hope that there is something positive underneath. i dont wish to cut off contact with her (as i would have done a long time ago if we werent related) because that would only hurt our parents.

my question is when is enough, enough? should i stop trying with her and rejoice in the rest of my family (who i love dearly) or should i keep battling on, trying to believe that something good can come of it and being constatly dissappointed.
EDMANDS85
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby captainf » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:55 pm

I don't really have much advice to offer you really because my aunt (who is 50 next week) is exactly like your sister. If they were friends they'd be dangerous, trust me.

Infact, me and my family are moving in May to get away from her... so all I can suggest is that you just try talking to your sister and to your family too. If that doesn't work and your family cant get through to her, just dont bother with her. I know that sounds cruel but you've put up with it long enough so maybe it's time to just let her go solo. She definitely won't like it but she wont have anyone to blame.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby EDMANDS85 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:01 pm

thankyou. ive always fely awful for not liking her, believed that somewhere deep down we sould get along. its relieving to hear that somtimes enough IS enough.
i hope everything goes well with your move.
EDMANDS85
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby morris mouse » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:45 pm

EDMANDS85 wrote:Should i stop trying with her and rejoice in the rest of my family (who i love dearly) or should i keep battling on, trying to believe that something good can come of it and being constatly dissappointed.

I'm really sorry to hear that you don't get on with your sister.

From reading your post, I can see that the problem between your
sister,& yourself,has clearly caused a lot of pain. :cry: :cry:

I'd like to be honest here..............

Although the final decision is going to be hard,I know, but the best
thing you can do,is to stop trying with your sister and rejoice in the rest of your family (whom you love dearly)
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby kathy6 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:35 pm

In reality though very few people like all their siblings! i don't like my sister, no big deal she just isn't the type of person i get on with, but at the end of the day i still love her like the rest of my family you can love someone without actually liking them!
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to
kathy6
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Siblings