Sixteenth birthday party - HELP!!!!

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sixteenth birthday party - HELP!!!!

Postby too many problems » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:02 pm

Ok, I am 15 and I have never been to a party :oops: . This is because I was home-educated from the ages 11-15 and during that time had little social life. Now I've been going to school for 3 months and my 16th birthday is only six months away. I really want to have a massive party and invite all my friends... some of whom are home educated and younger than me by up to two years, and some of whom are my age or older and go to school. I want the party to please all of them. This seems unlikely, because I have never even BEEN to a party let alone throw one, there is no space in my house and it's in the middle of nowhere (I'll have to rent somewhere) and my parents are extremely strict and over protective, especially about alcohol because my dad was an alcoholic and is now seriously ill as a result.
#-o
So how do I throw a good party?
too many problems
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Kollette » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:55 pm

Hey lovely,

Alcohol isnt needed for a good party!!

You could have an indoor disco/BBQ/bouncy castle (kids stuff can always go down well) and have twister and things/kareoke party/get a band to play/go out somewhere ie paintballing

Aslong as you invite people you like they will be sure to have a good time, even if its just meeting all your other friends and chatting to you! Any activity you put on will just be a bonus :D

Hope it rocks!!!

Koll x x x x
Kollette
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby yessica » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:46 pm

Yeh i agree with Kollette you don't need alcohol to have a good party. As long as you invite people who know how to have a good time! An interesting setting is always helpful as it adds some variety.

I've found the amount of people you invite doesn't always effect the greatness of the party. I've been to one with 15 people and it was amazing and been to one with 30 and it was a bit boring but still good. I've never been to a party when i've thought "I would rather be at home watching the tv" so I wouldn't worry.

Six months is quite a long time. Will anyone else be having any parties between now and then?

I know how scary it can be sometimes 'cause you want it to run smoothly and be a party everyone talks about for months (maybe even go in the history books!). But a party is really about the people you invite.
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby netballluva » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:34 pm

No way do you need alcohol for a good party! Sooo many things you could do :D

I reckon the bouncy castle idea would be awesome! That could be sooo much fun!

You could just rent somewhere and have a DJ play music and have a disco and get everyone up and dance and just have a good tym :D

It wont matter what you do beacause whatever you do decide on you will be with your friends so youll have a great time whatever happens (: So dont worry it will be great!

xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dollydiamond » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:54 am

babes you dont need alcohol to have a good party, us teenaers have come to the idea that you have to e smashed to have a good time
and thats not true
just get some music going an maybe a few party games :)
eg spin the bottle
hat way you can have some fun
xxx
iloveyou.. xx
dollydiamond
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby pink stripes » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:19 pm

Yupp totally agree - you don't need alcohol to have a good time at a party :)

Plus it saves so much money and meesing about if people are ill through it :-?

Just wack on some decent tunes and have some party games

:)

--x
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:07 pm

you could ask some friends for suggestions of party ideas too
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Neesy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:06 pm

Could you get a group together to go bowling or something like that?
Neesy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby silver tree » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Hiya Neesy, please not that this post is from June. The poster's problem is likely to have been resolved by now. We tend to discourage people from answering old posts because the newer posts from people looking for help now can slip down the forum and get ignored.
Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space...
silver tree
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Neesy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Ooops sorry! will pay closer attention to dates in future :oops:
Neesy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Under 16s