Personality v. Image

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Personality v. Image

Postby Jupiter » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:32 pm

ok so good looks arent everything right? Personality is important but how important are looks?

for me... personality is most important - sure looks matter but when ur old and grey its the personality that remains
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Llisa » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:05 am

Looks are obviously what attracts us all at first...like, we don't look at someone and say "wow, chekc out their great personality!" cause that's just not the way it works. But in the end, it's always personality that wins out. Always. And you may not be attracted to someone right away, but over the course of time their personality shines through, and because of that, you begin to find them VERY attractive! Such is the case with me currently! :oops:
But yes, bottom line, looks are second to last in the importance factor
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Lorelei » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:43 am

Yes, of course looks are what you first notice about someone, but I have gone out with beautiful people whose personalities made them ugly and not so beautiful people that I ended up thinking were gorgeous because of who they were.

However, I think you have to like someone's looks to a certain extent to be able to go out with them, because no matter how nice someone is, if you are utterly physically unattracted to them, it's not going to work properly!xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:17 am

personality as images change and personality remains true!
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sovs » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:34 am

Never a truer word was spoken.
I have to agree whole heartedly.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby MelodyLinn » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:19 am

I also totally agree
You don't miss your water til the well runs dry
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Nail Queen » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:07 pm

well in my opinion personality should be more important but in this image obsessed world i dont think it is, now without meaning to sound rude even guys (and girls) who arent great looking themselves dont want to go out with people who arent "perfect" people see what the media describes as perfect and thats what they want and also especially with the male of the species its the whole peer pressure thing of going for gorgeous girls with huge boobs. This guy who was meant to be my friend said to me four years ago (OMG i cant let go) that if i were better looking he would go out with me :evil: which as you can probably tell really annoyed me so thats just one thing that goes to show looks are considered more important (just in case you hadnt guessed by now i am very cynical)

Edited by Enigma on 30 September 2003 to remove profanity.
In the words of Don Mclean......
They were not listening, They're not listening still, Perhaps they never will!
Nail Queen
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Nail Queen » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:21 pm

sorry Enigma i was just getting a bit wound up i shall contain myself in future, im sorry if i offended anyone :oops:
In the words of Don Mclean......
They were not listening, They're not listening still, Perhaps they never will!
Nail Queen
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:41 pm

Ah it's okay Nail Queen. I know the use of the word was justified, but we just don't allow it here.
:D
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby justin_luver » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:28 pm

i no that personality shud be more important, but i do go 4 looks maily :oops: :oops: but all the fit ppl i have been out with nerver lasts, an the longest relatinship i have had (not very long) was with a not soo good looking lad who had a gd personality so there we go, personality is the most important part in the end.
justin_luver
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jupiter » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:47 pm

i would go out with the elephant man if his personality was good. i know my ex is reading this, and i know he's annoyed but i just never felt like he gave me all i deserved. i like men who listen to you as well as talk to you, someone who can make you laugh and who makes you feel like you're wonderful. someone that probably doesnt exist for me but there ya go.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Chit Chat