My Brother (Quite long)

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My Brother (Quite long)

Postby xgemma86x » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:11 am

Yes I am back again :lol:

On October 19th last year,my granddad passed away :( Since that day my oldest brother (he's 32) hasn't spoken to us. I have no idea why but he completely turned his back on us. Despite several attempts to contact him,we got no response. He kept Demi (my niece) away from us meaning we've missed out on the best part of her growing up (shes 1 now). He also walked out on his other 3 kids who are aged 10,8 and 5 years :( In the past he's taken drugs (he's admitted to that) and he's an alcoholic although he reckons he's stopped :| I know that's a blatant lie as he was drinking yesterday. As most of you will be aware my mum is seriously ill but has not once bothered to ask how she is or how shes coping etc!

Well now we've come to the problem....

Yesterday I got a phonecall,it wasnt actually for me but seeing as I'm home alone (parents are on holiday) then I answered the phone. It was from Craig (my brother) asking if my parents were there,obviously I said no as they aren't due back til tomorrow. He then said he'd phoned because he'd been kicked out of his home that he shared with his gf (they'd split up) and could he store his xbox 360 at ours as it was getting wet outside :| I told him no as I knew that would be my parents response anyway! My mum no longer wants him in her life because of what he's done to her and because of what he's done to his kids. Phonecall ended and I thought that would be the last of it....I hadn't. He came to the house to ask me and yet again I told him the same thing.He came in the house even though it was against mine and my parents wishes :|I couldn't get rid of him for 2 hours. When he was here he told me him and his gf had split because he'd smashed the house up.Personally I don't have any sympathy for him as he did the same thing with his last 2 ex's (mothers of his other 3 kids) [-X He eventually left after 2 hours despite me telling him SEVERAL times that he wasn't welcome and that my mum wanted nothing at all to do with him. I had to do that as it's my parents house and whilst am living there I shall respect their wishes.

Yet again I thought this would be the last I heard from him,I was wrong....

He turned up again late last night asking me to open the door so he could leave his stuff but I refused again :| I thought he would leave but he sat on a chair outside the front door. This kinda freaked me out as I was home alone :( I'd already told my parents who were livid but I told them not to come home as it was so late even though my dad wanted to. By this time I really put my foot down with my brother and told him he was no longer welcome and he left with all his stuff.

Now I am feeling guilty because I turned him away when no1 else wanted to know :oops:

Was I wrong in doing what I did?!?

Personally I can't stand the sight of him because of the way he's tried to damage the family and turn my mum against his kids (thats another story,it didnt work).
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:07 pm

normally id say its always worth trying to be there or your own family but your bro from what it sounds doesnt care much about his own family. guess at the end of the day if you were in trouble would your bro be there for you? thats the way you got to think of it.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby xgemma86x » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:26 pm

brfc wrote:normally id say its always worth trying to be there or your own family but your bro from what it sounds doesnt care much about his own family. guess at the end of the day if you were in trouble would your bro be there for you? thats the way you got to think of it.

Thank you for replying.

As most people on here may know,I was in an abusive relationship for the biggest part of last year. My brother was NEVER there for me to help me through it. He was always more interested in the alcohol and he even openly spoke about taking drugs with my ex WHILST I WAS THERE!! That is how much he cared about me......he knew full well that my parents didn't want me mixing with that sort of people. I didn't leave because I was scared (thats another story,read my post in 'he hits me'). My brother knew about the drugs and ENCOURAGED it rather then do something about it to help me:|
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: My Brother (Quite long)

Postby brfc » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:45 am

Now I am feeling guilty because I turned him away when no1 else wanted to know

i think youve answered your own question there. he wasnt there for you when you needed help with your ex. he encouraged your ex to take drugs rather than try to stop him.

he didnt want to know when you were in trouble so i cant see why you should help him now.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: My Brother (Quite long)

Postby xgemma86x » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:28 am

brfc wrote:
Now I am feeling guilty because I turned him away when no1 else wanted to know

i think youve answered your own question there. he wasnt there for you when you needed help with your ex. he encouraged your ex to take drugs rather than try to stop him.

he didnt want to know when you were in trouble so i cant see why you should help him now.

I just felt majorly guilty afterwards about it but maybe that's because I'm a nice person :oops:

He left that night and he hasn't returned since. I don't wanna see him again tbh.
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Siblings