Ruining his life...

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Ruining his life...

Postby Weasley » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:00 am

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone could offer me any advice here.
I have a 19 year old brother. I worry about him. About a couple of years ago he was going out with a girl (I'll name her P) who is a little younger than him. Call me been over protecting big sister but I didn't really like her at all. I used to see her when I was out and about in town, hanging with other guys, flaunting herself, getting in other guys cars, riding around. I thought to myself, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. My brother was so in love with her (have no idea why!) and was very much the doting boyfriend, would always take her to the movies, out for food etc. You see, my brother earns quite good money, drives a nice car...not sure if she was gold digging or not. Anyway, I decided to keep out of it.
Sure enough, my brother found out she had slept with another guy behind his back and dumped her straight off the bat. He was gutted, but picked himself back up about 5 months after and started going out witha new girl (we will call her T)
Anyway, T was lovely, I really got on with her, but the problem was that my brother had completely changed. Now HE was the one going out up town, dancing with girls, meeting up with them secretely. Not long ago he went on a lads holiday to Magaluf and told T he was going to Tenerife with his mate and his parents. I don't understand why he had changed? Me and T had become quite good friends and she was constantly round mine asking where my bro was, telling me about how badly he was treating her. I could see, and on numerous occasions told her to finish with him as he HAD changed.
I asked him about it and he said he is young and wants to live his life but I know deep down what P did to him has messed him up.
About 2 months ago he dumped T. I was upset for her, she had only wanted to love him like he had loved P, she hadn't deserved it.
The problem - my mom and dad have gone away on holiday and asked me to keep an eye on the house while they are gone. I went round Monday night to get some ironing and found my brother and P in the lounge huggled up on the sofa watching TV. I was soooo angry!
I know it is his life but how can I tell him that girls like her are not worth giving second chances??? I just want whats best for him and I know she might have changed (I highly doubt it!) but he had such a good thing going with T.
I know P was his first love but she broke his heart. How can I can tell him without him thinking I am butting in? I don't want to intefere but I can't help thinking it is all going to end in tears again.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:23 pm

Hiya

It sounds like your brother isn't entirely over P. He picked up this new girl, and sounds like he saw her as a rebound.

Have you tried speaking to your brother? The danger is, he will accuse you of interfering with his life, which you aren't - you are just looking out for him.

K x
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Weasley » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:19 pm

Thank you for your reply X_Smiler_X.
When I came back off holiday last week he told me he had finished with P again now - he said he realised what she did to him when he first got with her. He admitted he never really got over her - but been with her again made him realise that he's not going to be walked all over. I was glad of his decision, she did treat him really bad. He has said he just wants be be single now for a while which I think is the best thing for him, just so he can get his head straight. I just didn't want him to think I was sticking my big nose in but it's only 'cause I care!
Thanks again!
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:15 pm

I'm glad he has made that decision! Now you can relax :)

x
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Weasley » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:26 am

Phew!...
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Siblings