Why is she lying, And then denying it?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Why is she lying, And then denying it?

Postby PurePurple » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:31 pm

Hey All,

My so called friend (Lets call her R) Has lied to me & my group of friends in the past, And now it's starting again..

She once told us she was 5 months pregnant & Miscarried, Alarm bells started to ring and me & my friends believed she was lying. She lies about pretty much everything. She's lied to her boyfriend (Who lives in Wales by the way :o, We live in the North East) And yet, He still loves her!

2 days ago, I fell out with her because I told her boyfriend I would have gone loopy after being with her for 6 months (She really is that bad!) And I told him about the "Pregnancy" Which she went loopy about, And I could tell she was lying because of her use of caps lock on MSN. After that she started telling everyone I slagged her off - Or she asked them and they said Yes (I hadn't even spoken to anyone about the incident)

Anyway, Today she came up to me and said "Aren't you talking to me, Because you've been ignoring me the past few days" I was thinking.. "What? Doesn't she know what happened 2 days ago?"

However, If I confront her about the whole incident, I know she'll deny it all! If I ask her about the miscarriage, She'll deny it even though my 2 other friends were present!

Should I confront her or leave it?
PPx
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Why is she lying, And then denying it?

Postby retrochav » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:56 pm

Leave it and leave her well alone. You shouldnt have told her boyfriend about the lies, you play no part in their relationship and if he chooses to date a liar thats his concern - maybe she is more honest with him.

Its likely she has other problems and is trying to get centre of attention for a reason. You and your friends arent impressed so dont provide an audience if you think she is a drama queen.

Personally i would tell her you need some space as you are having a hectic week. If you dont want her friendship, tell her that you two just are working as friends. Try not to be agressive - she will want the drama of that, just state how you feel if pushed, and see what she says.

Personally, i would think she must be quite lonely.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:47 am

Thanks retrochav - She calls everyone else a drama queen and the actual drama queen, is her! None of my friends actually like her, And she slags nearly everyone off who she hates - She wishes them to die. I just completley ignored her yesterday, She was talking to the side of my head, And even my head didn't want to know about it.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Weasley » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:04 am

I would agree with retrochav - leave her to get on with it. Concentrate on spending time with your other friends, I wouldn't even justify her with an answer when she asks why you guys aren't hanging out with her. I truely believe people like that need to learn the hard way, and if she continues to lie and gossip between you all she will because soon she will have no friends to gossip about! I had a friend like that when I was at school. She would always be gossiping about another of my closes friends to me "Oooo you'll never guess what so and so said about you?" then she would go back to so and so and say I had been saying stuff! In the end I left them both to it and made a new group of friends, giggling to myself whenever I saw them standing alone in the play ground. Were their lives that miserable that they had to create excitement in the form of gossiping about people? Whatever, I think you should do the same. She will soon have to find someone else to lie and gossip to.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Friends