Have you had any hair disasters?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Have you had any hair disasters?

Postby Stacker » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:52 pm

[color=blue] I have just come back from my hairdressers which is my bezzie mate.
I asked her if she could re-do my roots and give it a trim.
My hair is mohagany and blonde.

But my hair has gone a pinky colour at the roots and it looks really stupid.
I would tell her but she is my mate so I can't.

I was wondering if anyone else on here has had any hair disasters.

Hope to hear from you all.

Stacker :wink:
Actions speak louder than words.
Stacker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sovs » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:13 pm

Well my nan uses Nice & Easy and when she put the blonde on (She didnt realise it was the wrong color blonde) it had a reaction and went green :o
She had to go to the hairdressers, but she did see the funny side.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Lorelei » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:00 am

Well... Where to begin? I had a perm when I was 13, but it was dreadful so I had it chemically straightened and the condition was destroyed so I had to chop it all off even though it was very long. I then spent 5 years growing it back.

After growing it for years and years, I had shiny black hair that hung down past my waist. I got compliments on my hair everywhere I went. But I decided that I wanted to dye it red so I went to the hairdresser to have the colour stripped out of it. the top half ended up ginger, the bottom half was still black. The hairdresser was late for a date and in a hurry to get me out of there. She didn't comb my hair for the whole process and kept scrubbing layers of hair stripper into it. In the end, it was so knotted that she pulled half of it out.

I had to bleach it at home several times to even out the colour and it all broke off... and I was back to square one. I'm currently trying to grow it back. It's past my shoulders now. Sometimes I dream that I have my lovely, old hair back. Sob, sob, self- pity! :cry: Heehee! xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Finch » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:55 am

i dyed my hair blue once and 2 days later it went grey!!
"Theres No Way out If Youve Left Your Ganja Head"
Finch
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:59 pm

I must admitt when i was at school i did 2 blonde streaks in my hair (one on each side of my face) and because my hairs redish brown it came out a ginger biscuit color #-o
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lilo » Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:21 pm

i used to have a very fetching bubble perm with a big thick straight fringe!!!! Luvvelly!!!

i have also changed my hair colour more times than i care to imagine and am currently sporting a red do!

also i think long hair is really nice and yet i keep getting mine cut short - then moaning coz i don't like it! Work that one out!!! :oops: :oops:

Bad hair day?? - every days a bad hair day!!!!!!!

Nice to know I'm not the only one though........
Life's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get!!!!!
lilo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

scary hairy

Postby Beckyt » Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:00 pm

I've had some seriously scary hair cuts, so scary that bad is an understatement.

My hair is naturally curly and when I was little I resembled a little shirley temple with a granny perm.

Then I had a home hairdresser who used to cut my nans hair (should've known better really) she cut my hair into a really scary short back and sides with a spikey mullet fringe. I was mortified!

Then i cut my own hair and it went bald.

Then i had really long hair and a really short fringe so every time my hair got wet my fringe went all curly like a poodle. It was grim :(

Then I went thru a grunge phrase where my hair was long, shaggy, greasy and I had split ends a plenty. I was such a stunner!!!

Now luckily my hair is ok bit like the lion of Wizard of Oz but ok. Still goes in a fuzzy buffont if I don't tame it.

One thing about bad hair days though, it gives others a laugh! :) My boyfriends had hours of fun taking the lemonade out of my freaky hair dos of sin
Don't worry be happy!!!
Beckyt
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby TANLADIE » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:18 pm

When I was about 11 I wanted the "Rachel" haircut,so bad that I kept on untill my Mum let me have it.

When I had it I looked like a poodle.
Instaed of it flicking out and looking gorgeous,it went curly and afro like!:'(
It takes thousands of people to ruin the world but just one to start making it better!
TANLADIE
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby freakin' out babe » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:25 pm

God my hair looks like it's just come out a tropical storm by it's self.

I have such curly hair that once it's wet it turns in to a major afro.
My hair dresser has tried to straighten it but that didn'twork,
she even tried cutting it that didn't work either.

So I have to go around with such big hair,I have to be careful that people doon't poke their eyes out with it. :lol:
Tony Blair puts 2 peoms in a bus shelter and calls it a museum. - Victoria Woods

Stand up is my 1st love.Well that's if you don't count Carrol Farrell who cracked 2 of my ribs doing the huckleback at the church dance. - Peter Kay.
freakin' out babe
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Life'samess » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:50 pm

When I was 13 I was so desperate to dye my hair that my Mum gave in and let me.
It was suppose to be Paprika but it turned out a bright pinky colour coz i fell asleep with the dye still in my hair.
I tried to dye over it but my hair started falling out.
I had to wait for it to grow out,so i had 1/2 brown and 1/2 pinky colour hair for months.
I haven't dyed my hair since as it has only just got back to a good condition.
Youth is wasted on the young,before you know it's gone!!!!! - RW
Life'samess
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Location: WALES,where 1 of the worlds best bands come frome - STEREOPHONICS.

Postby Lesley-Anne » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:16 am

omg! well my hair used to be natuarly straight so i decided to get it cut really short - like just below my chin @ the front then getting shorter at the back! then as soon as i got my hair cut it decided to be curly it took me like two years to have long curly hair which i liked n i went to get highlights n they made my hair ginger n cut my hair really short agen!!! so its took me ages to et it long agen!!!! :-?
Lesley-Anne
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby fudge » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:57 am

bad hair days are an every day thing for me
but ive had very bad hair days.
I have natural curly hair that when i was younger was past my bum always had people comming up to me and pinching my cheeks saying ooooohhh isnt she cute with all that hair but as you can guess i hated it my uncle was my hair dresser and refused to cut it short for me :( so when i reached 16 i picked a picture out af a mag of a shourt curly hair style that looked great and told him to do it and after protesting that my hair was to curly he did it after all i was 16 i knew better but i didnt i looked like a microphone oh the tears i shed :cry: lol it took 2 years to grow it to my shoulders then i thought it was time for a change and dyed it ash blonde and it went gray so i had to dye it brown then i thought id do it mahogany but it went really red so i thought id bleach the dyes out and go back to my natural color blonde and it went bright orange the same day i done my friends hair and it went purple and if thats not enough after i got the color sorted and some more of the lengh back i wanted it straightend so i did but it went wavy and frizzy so i had to get it done again with afro relaxcer as my hair was just to curly and after spending ALOT of money i had the straight hair i wanted and i loved it so 2 days later the weekend came and i planned to go out and show off my new sleek hair do carefully washed and dryed it and looked in the mirror only to see this thing with a giant moth ball on its head looking back oh my god my hair was so big i stayed in...................for weeks lol
from then on i swore never to touch my hair with any thing but a brush again so after having it highlighted and cut and died and retouched several times again after all that i finaly stuck to my word and havent done anything to it for about 2 weeks now
when will i ever learn.
well i have all my hair back down to my bum with no color on now so im going to treat myself to a new do soon lol
fudge
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Gem » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:18 pm

I burnt my hair off once, I cried and cried and cried......and cried.....that was about 3 years ago, then, a few months back, I turned it bright orange, when I was trying to get it from blonde to brown, then I tried to get it back to blonde once I had made it brown and it went yellow!! Thankfully its now normal! He he he!
Who decided what order to put the alphabet in?
Gem

Postby rammsteinrainbow » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:32 am

Everyday is a bad hair day for me, but i try to make the most of it. If my hair refuses to dry straight, i attack it with curling tongs to give it that bardot effect. If its manically curly i plait my hair into two bunches, the messier the better!
rammsteinrainbow
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:23 am

First of all, hello everyone. Missed u all.

Anyway, my hair is naturally curly, so I have to be really careful what I put in my hair...
One time, I switched shampoo's, thinking it would make my hair "soft and managable"...little did I know, it was for straight hair(didn't look on the bottle :oops: ) and made my hair super frizzy. It looked like I'd been attached to a plug socket for a year!
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to Chit Chat